cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User base Synchronization between SAP and MS Active Directory Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all!

I'm using Web AS 6.20 ABAP and MS Active Directory Server based on Win 2003 Server.

i successfully implemented the synchronization of user data between SAP and the ADS.

My question: Is there a way to customize the users on Active Directory Server in regard to their SAP authorization (roles auth. objects etc.)?

Currently I don't have a clue how to do this.

Regards,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you explain your question with an example?

Hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan!

Well, MS Active Directory Server doesn't provide (as far as I know) any solution to customize its Users in a SAP specific way. I'd like to use the ADS as a central user administration system and synchronize the USer Store with the SAP USer database tables. In SAP you customize your user assigning authorization objects to a user.

I'd like to know if - and how - you can administer the users assigning these sap authorization objects in the ADS.

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you searched on SDN for "Active Directory"? That turns up a number of results. I think your expectation might be backwards though, it's not how ADS exposes SAP specific data but how SAP uses ADS to store SAP specific data. My understanding (from quite some time ago so I am fuzzy on this) is that SAP can use ADS in much the same way it can use LDAP as an external user store.

The Security Newsletter from November 04 [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/sap security newsletter november 2004.pdf] mentions that a webinar is hosted on SDN about this exact topic, unfortunately I was unable to find a direct link.

Regards,

Marc g

former_member980935
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Marc g,

I wonder if any one can help. We have SAP 4.6C systems and would like to synchronise R/3 users with MS Active Diretory so that once a user logs on to the Domani, he can automatically logon to SAP without entering his ID or password. What would be the best approach?

/Teye