cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC external oracle invalid URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok after deploying oracle jdbc now I am getting this error:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin@torigai:1527:DSORACLE' using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin@torigai:1527:DSORACLE': SQLException: Invalid Oracle URL specified'

Could this be becauase the external oracle DB is a 9.2 instance and the source is 10g? Should I deploy classes14.jar along with ojdbc.jar.....?

Thanks

Mikie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason is that the URL is incorrect. You have missed a ":" after "thin".

This is what it should be,

<b>jdbc:oracle:thin<i>:</i>@torigai:1527:DSORACLE</b>

><i>Should I deploy classes14.jar along with ojdbc.jar.....?</i>

Not needed at all. Infact you should use either ojdbc.jar or classes14.jar and not both.

From the SAP note : 831162

<i>

have deployed the Oracle classes12.zip / classes12.jar JDBC driver as per the instructions in the XI Configuration Guide.

Unfortunately, I frequently notice hanging database connections. A thread dump taken according to the instructions in note 710154 shows one or more blocking JDBC Sender/Reciver threads and optionally that the JVM has detected a deadlock.

A: The Oracle classes12.zip / classes12.jar driver is compatible with JDK 1.2 and 1.3 only, but not with JDK 1.4. Upgrade to a current version of the driver (ojdbc14.jar). For details, refer to note 941317.

Make sure that you remove classes12.zip / classes12.jar from aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda prior to adding the new driver as per the instructions in the answer to question #1 above as you will get a class name collision otherwise (all JARs from aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda are loaded into the same class loader and the driver class name of both driver versions is the same).

Before deploying the updated driver, ensure that the new version is still compatible with your Oracle database server release. For details, refer to the release notes provided by Oracle.</i>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (0)