cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive Status for a SOAP Adapter not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I have an outbound SOAP Adapter and its working fine :). Now I need to inactivate it temporally, so I set the Adapter Status to Inactive. The problem is that I still receive messages through the SOAP Adapter even when it’s inactive.

It seems that the inactive status is not enough to “unpublish” a web service.

Does anyone know how to disable a Web Service? Or how to stop processing messages from a Web Service?

Cheers,

Mauricio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the answers.

Krishna, yes I have activated all the changes in the Integration Directory after set the communication channel status to inactive and what do you mean with mapping inactive?

Bhavesh, the URL used to post the SOAP message to XI is: http://hostname:8000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:StoredProcedure_BUSS:SOAP_out_SP and summarizing your point there is no way to stop receiving messages through a SOAP adapter even if it is inactive. Is this correct?

Cheers,

Mauricio

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>summarizing your point there is no way to stop receiving messages through a SOAP adapter even if it is inactive. Is this correct?</i>

The SOAP adapter works on the basis of PUSH and not PULL. So, it is your 3rd party application that is sending data to XI that will have to stop sending the data to XI. Even if you deactivate your SOAP adapter, you will continue to get messages hitting XI as the sending application is still sending data.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Bhavesh, points awarded :D...

Cheers,

Mauricio

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,.

What is the URL that the external webservice is using to post the SOAP message to XI.

Also, even if you deactivate your Sender SOAP adapter, if the Sending Application continues to send messages to XI, then the messages will ofcourse reach XI. So, you would also needto ask your sending app to stop sending SOAP messages to XI.

Regards,

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check out after maping Inactive , did you activate the communication channel in the integrtaion directory ? If not you can make the channel inactive in the intgertaion directory and Save &activate it . then check out.

Also it may be because of someother Message interfaces uses this communication channel.. check out any collaboration agreement uses this communication channel...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy