cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run VC-Designtime in the EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a short question. Is it possible to implement the VC-Designtime as an iView (URL-Based) in the Enterprise Portal.

Thx for help

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But VC is NOT a portal application! it is an application on top of the J2ee, and provided as part of te EP Usuage due to the tight integartion between the two products (VC deploys to portal).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know what you exactly mean, but the VC Designtime is running in the browser and is embedded in the Portal (in fact it's a Portal component)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

yes i know the VC is a Portal Component.

But what i mean is:

I will log in the Portal, there is a Tabstrip VC and when i clicking this button the VC should open in the Content Frame of the Portal. I get following error message from the IE: "Access is denied"

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Can you tell us, why you do not use the "normal" VC? - Are there any advantages of this scenario?

Thx in advise for the information.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

many people dont understand that the VC is a component of the portal.

But when they will see the VC run in the Portal they will get a better feeling.

Its for an Presentation. Your right, for "normal" modeling it will be better to run the VC in a separate IE-Window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I think there are better ways to make the people understand that VC is a part of EP development. If you show a model and deploy it, then it's shown in the portal and you can also show in the content administration, that the VC Models after deploying are available in the portal. I would not show VC Design Board as a portal content, because it can convey the impression, that this is the "normal" usage of VC.

Best Regards,

Marcel