cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser close and web dynpro keeps running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I start my deploy at NWDS of a WD project and the app is display in a browser, if I close the browser the app keeps running, I see it's state at:

http://host:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcwdtools/WebDynproConsole

--> admin Menu

--> about

--> Applications

I can see the app is running but there's no browser running the app.

The app's life must end when the browser is close...what's happening?...there's no infinite loop at the app. I wait for two hours and the app keeps processing the data (it's like I never closed the browser).

Thanks a lot for reading this thread.

any idea?

RLS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

old post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RLS,

The status shown in Admin Menu/About/Applications correspond to EAR application arhcive deployed on server. I.e. if you see any application in green here this means that archive was deployed correctly and either auto-started or started on first use.

However, this has no connection with "application session", i.e. application instance running by particular user. To get such information see Admin Menu/About/Sessions and/or Admin Menu/Monitor/Sessions & Windows. In first case check tree of sessions and applications running within session.

Also notice that statistics here is not "real time", certain delays with session/application invalidation are possible.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery Silaev, thanks for answer.

I check Admin Menu/About/Applications and each time I call an app without makeing a deploy (so it don't starts it's auto-started) the state becomes green, if I close the the browser it becomes red (not running).

About Admin Menu/<b>Monitor</b>/Sessions & Windows I can't see the bold path.

This is what the app do:

Takes all users from one group and add them in another, at the end displays some results. There's a lot of users so once the start processing button is press the app takes a long time to display the results, the layout timeout, the app keeps processing til there's no more data. I would like to display intermediate results, I mean refresh every 'X' minutes the results, so I'm trying to do that. Any idea?

Thanks a lot for your time!.

RLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The WebDynproConsole has some issues. If you click the "Refresh Runtime Information" button, it sometimes fails. Try to reopen the console.

Don't entirely depend on the console is what I'd say

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit Chakraborty thanks for your time.

I do what you said before posting, and the app keeps running, I don't know how long it was running because at the morning it processing stop.

Did you know how to stop it? because I tried disabling the app from the Webdynpro Console, but nothing happens.....the app keeps running (and I know that was really running because I can see the data was modify)

Please see my answer to Valery Silaev on this thread.

Thanks for answering!.

RLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could be refersh problem in that table.

Just go to any other options and come back to "Applications" and check.

Regards, Anilkumar