cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consult on SAP NetWeaver Developer Workplace SR2 Preview ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I got the following error message when installing "SAP NetWeaver Developer Workplace SR2 Preview". It happened when the process came to "Start Java Engine".

ERROR 2006-11-21 19:28:32
CJS-30153  Java process server0 of instance J2E/JC00 reached state UNKNOWN after having state STARTING. Giving up.

ERROR 2006-11-21 19:28:35
FCO-00011  The step startJava with step key |NW_Workplace|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_StartJava|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|startJava was executed with status ERROR .

Thank you very much!

Yannick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the same error while executing SAPInst.

Please check the PATH environment variable.

(OK ) PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;............

(ERR) PATH=%JAVA_HOME%;.........

I missed "\bin" after %JAVA_HOME%, so perhaps the

installer cannot find the java modules.

Regards

Shinsaku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open file configtool.bat. It is under folder

C:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\configtool\

Change line

%JAVA_CMD% -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Duser.language=en -classpath .\lib\launcher.jar;. com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.engine.configtool.visual.ConfigTool ./lib/

with

%JAVA_CMD% -Xms512M -Xmx512M -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Duser.language=en -classpath .\lib\launcher.jar;. com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.engine.configtool.visual.ConfigTool ./lib/

Let me know how it goes...

-Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the problem was, that there was not enough heap size.

One hint: upgrade your SDK to 1.4.2.12 - the performance of the system is much better

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made the following changes and the error went away:

1. Set Env. Variable JAVA_HOME to c:\jdk1.4.2_09 (java Installation directory root folder)

2. Set Java Min and Max Heap size to 512MB.

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I am facing the same problem while installing Developer Workplace Sr2. I changed the JAVA_HOME to point to 1..4.2_09 but not sure how to set the Java heap size. Could you please help me...

Thanks in advance

Pavan Keely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at log files callSdmViaSapinst.XX.log, java.exe.log, sapinst.log, sapinst_dev.log. Normally there would be a detailed description of the error that happens during installation.

If you have questions to about the information in the log files, post them or write an email to me with the log files attached.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error

ERROR 2007-01-04 19:45:50 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:731]

showDialog() FCO-00011 The step startJava with step key |NW_Workplace|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_StartJava|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|startJava was executed with status ERROR .

Thanks in Advance!!

Vikas