cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the label text for address service in ESS ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to change the label text delivered by address service of ESS BP?

In NWDS I tried by creating project from development configuration prespective, then checking out and later I made changes to label text and saved and deployed.

But I couldn't see this changes later when I access these iviews in portal.

In some document I found it can be done in web dynpro content adminstration, under custom text mapping functionality.

Do we have any other workaround to make changes in NWDS in web dynpro perspective itself ? If so, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do anyone faced the same problem? If so, let me know how you solved that? Points will be rewarded.

thanks & regards,

Raj

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

if you are on NW04s, use the new feature Personalization. This way you can easily modify the label text of any fields in a View of a Web Dynpro Component.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/ed3ce7f8593eebe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm">Read more</a>

cheers,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the response.

I am using NW04s, but I need to change it at design time itself, not at runtime. Any other way, please let me know.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope your problem is solved by now! If not, try modifying the relevant view's xlf files for languages like *_en.xlf and default [xlf ]files.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I solved my problem by deleting the labels and again adding a label with the same name and attaching it to the concerned InputFields/TextViews using labelFor property. I know its not the proper way, still I am helpless, as I couldn't able to find the other ways.

Now, after completing my work, I got some workaround from you.

Any way, thanks for your response. I will try to implement this, once I come across the situation again.

Kind regards,

Raj