cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmations for Limit Orders in ECS

Former Member
0 Kudos

In extended classic scenario when creating a limit order, there is an error in process in the local PO related to the follow-on documents for goods receipt with the following error message:

'Combination of GR/IR control not allowed for external services'

It is only possible to create the order in the backend if the Invoice Only option is selected in the Limit Order, but then this means it is not possible to create a confirmation for Limit Orders!

Has anyone else come across this problem in ECS for limit orders? As far as I am aware the functionality should work with GR-based invoice verification. In the backend PO it is possible to create the same order without any errors!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monica,

My analysis till now is:

1) It is true that limit oders are not going with "Confirmation & Invoice" flag. We need to raise OSS.

(There is one additional problem with this is "The vendor master flags don't get transferred to PO" for this you will have to implement the OSS notes 956083.)

Now after applying this notes you see the standard functionality:

2) If we are creating PO with "Invoice Only" flag then there are follwoing options:

a) If the "GR based invoice" flag in vendor master is checked then the POs goes into D item category and you can enter a service sheet for them.

b) If the "GR based invoice" flag in vendor master is NOT checked then the POs goes into B item category and you can enter invoice just after PO.

I made change in V_T163Y for B item category and checked the flag for GR but then too I am not able to enter GR for item category B.

Please assign points for useful answer as applicable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the same problem in our system.

Can you let me know the solution please?

Thanks,

Nick

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

I am using SRM50 with ECC 60 and the ECS scenario.

I am able to create a limit PO, create GR in SRM and invoice the PO.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Are your orders in ECC created with item category D or B? Did you do some specific settings in ECC to allow for GR-based IV for services?

Thanks,

Monica

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

As soon as you set item category B (limit), you have to use the transaction ML81N instead of MIGO (good receipt).

I did use the standard ECC functionnality.

I do not use the item category B.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yann,

In ECC when I create an order manually for services it works correctly and I create a service entry sheet instead of goods receipt - this is how I would expect it to work.

However, the Limit Order PO in ECC is not created at all from the local PO in SRM when I expect a receipt (be it goods or services). It only creates the PO in ECC if I mark it as Invoice Only, which does not require a confirmation at all - this is NOT how I would expect the Limit Order to work.

It therefore looks like this may be a bug in my system

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

My SRM limit PO are converted in ECC PO with item category "D".

Thus, my SRM GR is replicated in ECC as a Service entry sheet and then into a material document (MIGO).

Please check taht you didn't change the account assignement category mapping in SRM...

Else please open a OSS message.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Monica,

have you got the service based Invoice Verification flag set on the vendor master in ECC?

I've tried it in our system where we have the flag set and the local PO and backend PO's created successfully and I can post a confirmation.

Cheers

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann, Chris,

Thanks very much for your replies.

When I tick the Invoice Only flag in the Limit Order it creates the PO in the backend with item category D - this is correct, but I am not able to post confirmations in this case.

I have already tried it with the Service based IV flag in the vendor master and get the same error!

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

If youI "tick the Invoice Only flag in the Limit Order , it is obvious that you cannot enter GR because you asked for invoice only.

Thus the system is waiting for an invoice after PO creation.

If you want to do a GR, you have to select GR and invoice in the limit shopping cart.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Yes, I am aware that if I tick the Invoice Only flag it does not expect a GR, but is currently the only way I can create a PO in the backend! If I tick the other button I get this error message: Combination of GR/IR control not allowed for external services.

In your earlier reply, you referred to the account assignment mapping, but what has this to do with the item category? The account assignment I am using in SRM is CC (cost centre) which is mapped to K in ECC. The GL account is also mapped and it is working correctly. Is there some other config I should be aware of?

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

No other configuration in SRM: that's correct...

Did you open the OSS message already ?

Kind regards,

Yann

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

What is your EBP release AND patch level ?

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Yes, I did open an OSS message already. We are on SRM 5.0 Server 5.5 Patch level 6.

Thanks,

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

what entries have you got set on the vendor master for GR based IV, SR based IV etc?

Also have a look at the setting for message SE 650 in table T160M, we've got this set to a warning.

Cheers

Chris

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

Sorry for my error.

limit PO with invoice flag only generate a backend PO with item category B (and not D as i have said before)

Again sorry for this mistake (i shall not do more than one thing at a time )) )

I am currently wortking with the same patch level as you and do not have any issue.

My ECC patch is ECC 60 SP 6

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

Did SAP come back with an reply? If yes, could you please let me know the solution?

Regards,

Rahul