cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoke a BAPI from WebDynpro to load an excel file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, the problem that I have is the following one: I am developing in ABAP a Bapi to be executed from WebDynpro. From the Web page of WenDynpro they must send the route of the xls file to some bapi that transforms it to an internal table. The question is if somebody knows how can I doing that, because I have proven several functions that pass the xls file to an internal table and does'nt works from WebDynpro.

The error that appears in Web Dynpro when using the function ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE is the following one "Error when copying the content in the paper holder Error Key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE"

The functions that already I have proven to happen of excel to an internal table are:

1.-) TEXT_CONVERT_XLS_TO_SAP

2.-) ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE

Notes:

The file is located on the Application Server.

What I want to do is to read the xls file, <<not a flat file>>.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulric,

a BAPI is a function module without connection to the frontend. But the function ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE wants to create an Excel-OLE-Object and reads the Excel-Sheet from the frontend. This can not work.

I don't know, whether there is a function in SAP, that converts an Excel-Sheet without using OLE. I don't think so, because of license problems.

Isn't it possible to convert the Excel-Sheet into a tab-separated-txt-file before uploading to the app server ?

Regards

Uwe