cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check box field in WebDynpro Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN's,

i have a table with binding of Adaptive RFC, and i also wants to place a check box to select a particular row(Can be multi row selection).Instead of using table multi selection with contorl key i wnat to select with check box.

For this, what i have done is, i have created a column in the table of type checkbox and assigned the boolean context variable, i haven't completed the procedure to work with it, but when i try to select more than one check box, it is selecting other rows.

I mean to say the functionality is not working fine. Is the way what i have proceeded is right? otherwise guide me to retrieve a multiple rows with check box selection.

Your help will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Sireesha.B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha

Where have you added the boolean context attribute? You must add it in the node( having cardinality 0..n or 1..n ) with which the table is bound.

You must have added it either directly under root node or under a node having cardinality 1..1 . So effectively all your check boxes are bound to the a single node element's attribute. You select or unselect one, and the rest will follow its behaviour

Regards

KK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As you all said, i have created a context value attribute under root context node.

But if i try to create the value attribute /model attribute under the node which has used as datasource it is not allowing me to add.

since, that is the node which has the binding with model node(like with controller->model).

So how can i add it?

Thanks for all your answers.

Regards,

Sireesha.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

sireesha,

Re-read my post: create 1..1 non-singleton value node first, then add attribute here.

VS

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

You can solve this issue if you dont use the model node as the datasource of the table. Create a new value node with your table column fields..After you execute the Bapi, programatically copy the model node to value node.

That way you are not restricted by the model node to add new attributes.

Regards,

LM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said i have created a value node under the model node of view context with cardinality:1..1 and singleton: false,Selection:1..1. Then created a value attribute under the value node.

Now i am trying to bind this model node to table by hcoosing again the create binding, when i am selecting the check box field i am not able to select the other node elements(other columns). either the check box node or the other attributes only i am able to select.

Please help me.

Thanks for all your answers.

Regards,

Sireesha.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

sireesha,

Why you re-bind complete table?

• You may select single CheckBox table cell editor, then go to it "checked" property, click button with elipses "..." and choose necessary attribute.

Or if you start from scratch, just bind table to model node, then add column (right click on Table in Outline view and select "Create Grouped Column" or "Create Column"). Afterwards add cell editor to column (CheckBox) and do [*]

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the table binding wizard does not allow this, add the table column "manually" in the Outline view, add a CheckBox as table cell editor and bind the property "checked" to the new context attribute.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear VS and Armin and All,

Thanks for you all, my problem got solved.

now i am able to check the check boxes individually and multiple also.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

sireesha.B

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any posibility to get the checkbox as lead selection element instead of the button which we usually get ?

Thanks,

Nishanth Kiran Chinthalapalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

sireesha,

You created boolean context attribute at "wrong place" in context.

See you have one model node that is used as Table control dataSource. And your boolean context attribute should be under this node to let Table control repeat it for every row (for every node element) -- unlike in you current scenario where all rows use same node element and hance toggling one check box affects all rows.

So just create 1..1 non-singleton value node as direct child of model node used as Table "dataSource". Add boolean context attribute here. Re-bind "checked" property of cell editor to this attribute.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go thru this link it might helps you.

Thanks,

Lohi.

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Since u have bound checkbox to an independent value attribute, u r getting this problem because it cant store multiple values.

Bind ur table to a value node with the same structure as the model node.

Create the boolean value attribute inside this value node and bind check box to this value attribute.For populating this valuenode with the values of model node u can use methods of WDCopyService.