cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Desk - Send an email to the message processor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created an action that send an email to the message processor when he is assigned in the support desk message. The action is working fine but I have another problem. If I change the message processor, the mail isn't sent to the new processor. I tried the different values in the action definition for the field "Action Summarization" without success.

When I put the value "Max. 1 Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition" the mail is sent several times to the same processor (even you change the status, description, save the message...)

When I put the value "Max. 1 Action for Each Action Definition" the mail is sent only one time to the first processor assigned to the message (even you assign another one)

Any solution to send the mail only if a new message processor is assigned?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Zobair Lamarti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zobair,

what release (Solution Manager) are you using?

Best regards,

Daniel Wehner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution Manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zobair,

are you still having this problem?

If yes, here's what I have and it works.

-Under ActionProfile: SLFN0001_ADVANCED, I have Action Definition: Z_SEND_MAIL_TO_PR (which is to send mail to processor)

-Under Partner Deteremination for the Action:

select Partner dependent, also put PartnerFunction:SLFN0004

-Action Summarizatn: Max. 1 Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition (so you can send mail if the status changed back again).

Then in your conditions for actions, add this action definition and create your start condition.

Let me know if it worked for you.

Salpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salpi,

Thanks for your reply!

I already tried a lot of solutions without success. In fact, there is no condition to start sending email to the processor. In reality, an email is sent when the processor is determined in the message independently of the status.

When I put in the Action Summarization the value: "Max. 1 Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition", the message is sent many times.

Any soltuion?

Thanks!

Zobair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zobair,

How are you sending mail to your processor if you don't have a condition to send mail?

Please explain what you have configured so I will be able to understand your problem better.

Thanks

Salpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too want the ability to send an email to the support team everytime the support team changes regardless if the status has changed.

Ex. Ticket is created with support team ABAP, abap receives an email and looks at the ticket and decide this ticket should go to the BASIS team. Abap changes the support team to BASIS and saves the ticket. BASIS now receives an email and looks at the ticket and changes the status to in process and starts working on the ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dale,

we implemented OSS note 865619 and enhanced it so that we are able to send the message when the processor is changed. In order to do that, we have to compare the value of the Partner field in the database with the one entered on the screen.

If the value is the same, it puts a "space" in the parameter. If after the compare the value has changed, it puts an "X" in the value.

We created a parameter value in the scheduling condition of the Send_Mail action where if the value is as follows: &PROCESSOR_CHANGED& = X

then it will send mail even if the status hasn't changed.

It works for us, hope it helps you too.

Regards,

Salpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you send me the code you used? This is exactly what I am looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dale,

here's what we did and it worked for us.

<u><b>Implementation name:</b></u> CONTAINER_PPF

<u><b>Methode name:</b></u> MODIFY_CONTAINER

<u><b>Methode parameter:</b></u>

<u><b>Parameter</b></u> <u>Type</u> <u><b>Associated Type</b><b></u>

FLT_VAL</b> Importing <b>OJ_NAME</b>

<b>CI_CONTAINER</b> Changing <b>IF_SWJ_PPF_CONTAINER</b>

<b>CI_PARAMETER</b> Changing <b>IF_SWJ_PPF_CONTAINER</b>

<u><b>First step: </b></u> <b>Retrieve the cross-link of the GUID. This is done calling FM</b> CRM_LINK_GET_OW <b>with GUID received in the BADI</b>.

<u><b>Second step:</b></u> <b>Retrieve the partners with the cross-link of step 1 using FM</b> COM_PARTNER_READ_DB. <b>Retrieve the processor from the partners table</b> ET_PARTNER_DB doing READ TABLE It_partners_on_db INTO WA_PARTNER_DB

WITH KEY PARTNER_FCT = 'SLFN0004'.

<b>

<u><b>Third step:</b></u> Retrieve the partners that are in memory using FM</b> CRM_PARTNER_READ_SINGLE_OB. <b>The partners are put into importing parameter</b> ET_PARTNER_EXTERNAL_WRK. <b>Retrieve the processor from that table doing </b> READ TABLE IT_CRMT_PARTNER_EXTERNAL_WRKM INTO

WA_CRMT_PARTNER_EXTERNAL_WRKM WITH KEY REF_PARTNER_FCT = 'SLFN0004'.

<u><b> Fourth step:</b></u> <b>compare the processor of step 2 with the processor of step 3.</b>

IF values are the same:

CALL METHOD ci_parameter->set_value

EXPORTING

element_name = 'PROCESSOR_CHANGED'

data = ' '

RECEIVING

retcode = lv_return.

ELSE

CALL METHOD ci_parameter->set_value

EXPORTING

element_name = 'PROCESSOR_CHANGED'

data = 'X'

RECEIVING

retcode = lv_return.

• NOTES ***

The ABAP type of partners are not the same in memory and database. A typecast has to be done before comparing the values.

The partner number is stored in field ET_PARTNER_DB-PARTNER_NO when coming from DB.

The partner number is stored in ET_PARTNER_EXTERNAL_WRK-BP_PARTNER_GUID when retrieved from memory.

Only one element name could have been used and configured to process changing of the status and the processor. It’s more clear to divide it though.

• don't forget to create the parameter in the scedule condition.

let me know if this helped.

Regards,

Salpi

<b>Note: This documentation/code is delivered as is, and Bombardier Aerospace makes no warranty as to its accuracy or use. Any use of this documentation/code is at the risk of the user.</b><b></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for that.

I have already started to implement it but my abap skills are very weak and I dont know what to do in step 2 and 3. I have the call to the fm but I dont know which variables I need to uncomment or use. Could you please help me out there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also getting a method "" is unknown or PROTECTED or PRIVATE error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dale,

you have to implemented OSS note 865619 and then do the enhancement that I mentioned above.

I'm not an ABAPer so I won't be able to help you with your specific errors. Get an ABAPer on your side and they would be able to help you with the details.

Salpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that I am the abaper (new) and I have no one to go to. Would you be able to send me your exact code so I can see how the FM calls are being used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to just implement the oss 865619 and I cant seem to get it to work. It doesn't seem to run my code that I create from the note so this action never is executed. Any ideas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Implement note 1030139.

Kind regards,

Remy Piets

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have implemented that note and it seems to have solved that problem. But now when I try to use the NOTIF_CREATE transaction I get an abap dump. Similar to the following

If the error occures in a non-modified SAP program, you may be able to

find an interim solution in an SAP Note.

If you have access to SAP Notes, carry out a search with the following

keywords:

"MESSAGE_TYPE_X" " "

"SAPLCRM_ACTION_OB" or "LCRM_ACTION_OBU04"

"CRM_ACTION_PUT_DOC_SAVE_OB"

If you cannot solve the problem yourself and want to send an error

notification to SAP, include the following information:

Does anyone have any Ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dale,

Message_type_x dumps are almost always related to SAP Gui issues. The best way to solve it, is by removing the SAP GUI completely and ensure you don't have more then one SAP GUI in your PC. Get the latest 7.0 and apply the latest patch for it to be sure.

Regards,

Markus

sudhahar_ramachandran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi can you show us the code.

I'm geting error that "no entry found in database."

and you've not mentioned what fields to pass to those function modules exactly.

because in the "CRM_LINK_GET_OW" I'm geting a table with two GUIDs...

thanks & regards,

Sudhahar R.

0 Kudos

Hi

I have implemented the OSS note 86519 as described and it all works fine when the processor is changed after the support message was changed.

But I don´t get it working that also a message to processor is sent when the support message is newly created and the the processor was automatically assigned by determination rule.

When I debugged the coding I recognized that the processor determined from database and the processor determined from memory are the same.

The same thing with message status which I also check within this Badi implementation.

It seems during the "new support message" creation process, the whole message data is stored to database before the Badi is called the first time.

Is there another solution to send the mail to processor also when new message was created than creating a new action which is only exeuted once when message status is "new"?

Kind regards,

André