cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security in SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can someone pls comment on what are the various security aspect available with SAP MDM . I want to determine how strong this tool is in offering its security with respect to function ( add/delete/update/view) etc. and any other data security aspects.

regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using the MDM Console we can specify functional privileges for particular user(role) such as adding new records, modifying existing records, etc.

Also it is possible to specify field-level access rights for each field as well as tables such as Read-Only/Read-Write.

Check out the <i>Functions</i> and <i>Tables & Fileds</i> tab in<i> <Repository> --> Admin --> Roles</i>.

From security point of view, it is a good tool and does not allow you to perform an operation for which one does not have rights.

Regards,

Siddharth

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In addition to what Siddarth stated, here's a documentation link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/42/e9ce2751f23ee0e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm.

Regards,

MArkus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Also can some one throw some light on the following :

) How the security works for external services e.g. calling web services , external programs e.g. data validation , cleansing etc. in SAP MDM

b) Security at the time of data import, data export

c) Is the security rules are applied in the import/export dat mappings

regards,

Amit