cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in ADOBE Editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am facing some problem in using ADOBE interactive forms.

I am using SAP NETWEAVER DEVELOPMENT STUDIO

Version: 2.0.10

In Web Dynpro project

after making UI Element Interactive form, to EDIT..it gives the error as

An error has occured when creating this editor.

Do we require any prerequisite s/w to be installed of ADOBE?

Can some one assist me in this

Thanks tonz in advance

Deepti patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just checked in CSS and there is a customer message for this with this solution:

"Along with the IDE installation there is a file "WDAdobeControl.dll".

I suspect that this is not registered. Could you please perform the

following steps to register the above mentioned file.

1. Close the IDE.

2. Open the command prompt.

3. Type, regsvr32 "<full path of NW Studio plugins directory>\

com.sap.ide.webdynpro.adobetemplatedesigner\lib\WDAdobeControl.dll"

4. Re-open the IDE and try to open edit the Adobe form."

I tried this and it worked fine for me.

Greetings,

Jens-Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jens-Uwe Gross,

Many thanks for your tip. Saved me a lot of headache today.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens-Uwe,

that did the trick for me (Studio SP10), thank you so much!

For me the complete command was:

regsvr32 c:ProgrammeSAPJDTeclipsepluginscom.sap.ide.webdynpro.adobetemplatedesignerlibWDAdobeControl.dll

Best regards,

Christian.

Message was edited by: Christian Schäfer

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

it sounds to me like you didn't install the Adobe LiveCycle Designer, the form layout tool, during the Dev Studio installation. Make sure you check the corresponding checkbox in the installation routine.

This would be for the design time only. For actually displaying the form as part of your Web Dynpro application, you need to deploy the Adobe document services on your J2EE engine. You can find the corresponding guides in the Service Marketplace under quick link /instguidesNW04.

Hope this helps.

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

J_B
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hy All,

we had the same problem.

After installation of SP 10 (DeveloperStudio, Adobe DocumentServices Sp 10, ActiveX Framework Patch Sp10) nothing works fine.

No chance to edit a InteractiveFrom UI-Element at DeveloperStudio. I got the message "An error occured when crating this editor". The newer Version of Adobe Designer 6.0 (Version 040703) is installed at the system.

If i start our Project the layout of the PDF is crashed (the element are on the wrong place !).

Adobe Reader 7.0 with Patch is not working. Internet Explorer crashes after the Request was send back to the SAP-System.

So at the moment i had no idea, how to solve this problems.

Regards

Jürgen

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The crashing Internet Explorer is related to the lack of support for Adobe Reader 7.0 in Support Packages lower than 11. This is an issue that has only this week come to SAP's attention. SAP Note 766191 has been updated accordingly.

Support for Reader 7.0 will be shipped with SP11. At that point, it should also be possible to install the ACF for SP11 and run it with an SP10 installation.

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

J_B
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

where can i download the ACF for SP11 ?

On one development workstation i had the problem, that after the deinstallation of Acrobat Reader 7.0 Patched and installation of Reader 6.0.2 the PDF is not shown at the ActiveX-PlugIn from Internet Explorer. A deinatallation of the ActiveX Framework and a reinstall does not solve this problem.

Do you have any idea ?

Regards

Jürgen

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SP11 will be available in calendar week 10 (as stated on the Service Marketplace at quick link /ocs-patches).

The problem you describe with your ACF/Reader installation has to my knowledge not been reported or occurred so far at SAP. A reinstallation of Reader 6.0.2 fixed the problem in all known cases.

Regards,

Markus