cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I know that we can use adapters older than 6.2 version. After 6.2 we can go for Proxies. Can any body tell me what is this Proxy. Is this a programming. If yes ,

How do we right ABAP proxies. and where we call this.

Can i Call this as Manual adapters.

Regards

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Give a search in the XI blogs section for ABAP proxies and you will get all the needed ionfo thru blogs.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In simple words, they are nothing but classes to interact with External world(SAP XI).

If you have to send the data to Outbound from your R/3 system, then you create Client Proxy. Here when you generate a Proxy, a class is generated which you have to call in your report and pass the data to the class to be sent to SAP XI.

If you are sending the data from SAP XI, inbound to your R/3 system then you generate the proxy which in turn generates the Method. you have to write you code in this method.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

correct me if i am wrong. Suppose if i want to send data from SAP to SAP.

I want to receive data in IDOC. i.e receiver system.

I want to write a proxy program for outbound. then i would receive that data through Inbound Adapter to Inbound IDOC.

Is it correct?

In the Proxy program I will pass table . ok

So this is the entry point of dat right.

Before that do i need to do mappings also.

Regards

Satish

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Applications based on SAP WEB AS version 6.20 or higher can communicate with the XI in the native XI-SOAP format via proxies. All other applications, including "legacy" SAP systems (those on the Basis releases lower than version 6.20), communicate with the XI via Adapters. For more info, check the below links:-

ABAP Proxy Scenarios:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Java Proxy Scenarios:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Praveen