cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver installation failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EveryBody

I am done a fresh installation of XP with SP2 on my machine. Now when I install a SAP NetWeaver on my machine, at the end of the installation I get the following error .

/*************************************

An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\SS1\log.txt for details.

*************************************/

In the log file

/************************************

(Nov 22, 2006 11:34:33 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\SS1\log.txt for details.

(Nov 22, 2006 11:34:33 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

STACK_TRACE: 15

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.execute(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:254)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:224)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllInstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:177)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.install(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:268)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

********************************/

Is there any known reason for the above error.

Thank You

Syed Saifuddin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EveryBody

This is the problem I think I found by chance.

Reinstalling will solve all the problem.

Thank You

Syed Saifuddin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I am also having the same problem during the installation, I had try reinstalling it but it ended up with the same result and error at the end of the installation. What could be the possible cause for it? Please help.

Chan Wing

0 Kudos

Hi,

What i have noticed is that after uninstallation you need to provide a different SID and it installs successfully.

Maybe while uninstallation complete data is not getting removed.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth Deshpande

I write earlier that the problem of installation is solved.

but after restarting computer its currupt for some reason.

I find Netweaver IDE helpful in development but daily installation is something ab-normal activity.

So I am going back to Eclipse IDE with JBoss just because it is stable.

Thank You.

Syed Saifuddin

0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

I feel the problem is very specific to your case because i have installed the Java EE server and IDE for last month and i am trying out things with it regularly. Till now i have never run into this problem.

I just reported the solution to the problem that i have faced.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EveryBody

I think there is a bad luck ata that time.

I do it again and it solves.

Thank You

Syed Saifuddin