cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode appearing as solid boxes in the Print preview

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using transaction S_ALR_87010137 to print asset barcodes. The form that it uses is FIAA_0003. I have copied the form to ZFIAA_0003. The reason I had to copy is because the barcode was printed as solid boxes. I tried almost all the barcode types but all of them just appear as solid boxes in the print preview. I created a new barcode type and that appears fine when I test it through SE73 but when I use the same barcode in the SAP Script form it does not appear at all in te print preview. Is there any setting that I am missing?

I would appreciate if anyone can help me on this issue.

Best regards,

Sudhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While printing it will come.

in Print Preview option you can not find some bar codes.

but while printing you will get the bar codes.

Try to print the form. then you will see .

Thanks

Sekhar

0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

But when I test the barcodes in SE73 I can see them in the print preview. I am new to barcodes so I am not sure. I will take a print and then check it.

Best regards,

Sudhi

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All you need to check is

1. Whether the printer supports Barcode. If it does not support barcode, then you will need to buy a DIMM card or barcode.dll file. You can get a demo file from net.

2. You need to install DIMM Card to your printer. or You need to install Barcode.dll file in SAPLpd directory in the front end PC.

or

3. You can buy software that you can upload in your SAP print Server that will convert the barcode symbology as an image that will print on a regular laser printer. But option results in less sharper barcodes. This option is really if you need to convert a large quantity of printers (>10) to support barcodes.

For complete information always you can go to SAP Help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d9/4a94c851ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

you cannot see them in print preview. You need to print that out.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhi,

For some cases it won't show you in the print preview options.

we can see it in Spool request or after taking the print out.

did you try the print the document?

Thanks

Sekhar.

0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Is there any way to see it in the print preview. This is a part of the prrof of concept and they will not print. I tried creating a spool request and checked the print preview in SP01 but even there the print preview displays as solid boxes.

Best regards,

Sudhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Printer Should be supported the Bar Code format . otherwise it won't be printed

Thanks

Sekhar.