cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem File accessing permissions(WE21)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

while creating the port in TCode WE21 i am not able to select the network path as the physical directory path.the folder has been shared with full access.please help me what else needs to do to over come this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

my English is not so well so I hope this is what you want to know.

you need a folder on SAP ERP like /usr/sap/SID/YourFolder/ (ask you BASIS administrator to create this)

your SAP report or Transaktion must point to this PORT to save the file. /usr/sap/SID/YourFolder/YourFile.xml

At least you need an SAPFTP user who is allowed to reach this folder.

On XI you have to create an FILE Sender by using this path and this user.

I hope this is what you need.

One more hint.

A File adapter polls but when should he know that the file he will get is really ready to get?

In some situation SAP ERP creates the file and is still writing in the same time as your adapter will get these file.

So use a job on ERP Side with different timeline as you Fileadapter.

Or modify your SAP ERP program that just after writing this file should be renamed in the way that your adapter is searching for.

Sample: SAP creates File YourFile.temp à fills data in this file à rename file YourFile.xml

Daniel

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A blog on these lines was published some time back. It should surely help,

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

in SAP ERP it is not possible to write on a local or network drive by using WE21.

I think this is the same on XI.

You have to save the message on your XI machine and use an FILE adapter to get this file.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

i am trying to create a port using WE21 in R/3 system.in the physical directory path i am mentioning the path of the folder of XI server which is shared with full access.is it possible to create physical directory like what i am trying?

Regards

Ram

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just put the path there (in WE21) as you see in TCODE AL11

and try saving

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

Thankyou for replying.

as i said i am able to access the local paths on the same system.but when i try to mention the path of the folder(which has full share permissions)which is on the network i am getting error stating the file cannot be opened.please help.

Regards

ram