cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Archiving questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Where do I specify the residence time for archive objects? For instance, if I decided to archive data before Dec. 2004, when and where would I supply this information?

2. If go live was in Jan. 2000 and if there are open business objects in the period of Jan. 2000 and Dec. 2004 would these get left out of the archive?

3. How can I configure my regular transactions such as MM01 to view archived data?

4. Client has IXOS. Will IXOS be able to view scanned documents such as invoices, pertaining to those business objects that have been archived? If yes, how can this be configured?

5. Could you please explain in a simple manner and with an example, the functionalities of Set Deletion Flag and Set Deletion Indicator?

6. What is the relevance of the Deletion Flag/Indicator in the archiving process?

For example, in the variant for PP_ORDER, there is an

Order number From, Order Number To

Order Type From, Order Type To

Plant From, Plant To

How will the archiving process take into account both the Deletion Indicator and the above parameters? Is it that only those Orders that satisy the above criteria and also have an Deletion Indicator set, will get archived?

7. Why doesnt MM_ACCTIT archiving object have a Read function by default?

Thanks for your time and help in advance. Please at least answer questions to which you know answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Here are some answers to your questions. Hope they help.

1. Configuring residence times varies per archive object. For example, the SD and MM related objects SD_VBAK, SD_VBRK, RV_LIKP, MM_MATBEL, MM_EKKO, MM_EBAN) will have an option to configure residence time within the customizing settings within SARA - Application specific Customizing. For PM objects,

The residence time is set within SPRO -> IMG -> Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Maintenance And Service Processing -> Maintenance and Service Orders -> Functions and Settings for Order Types ->Configure Order Types.

So, check the customizing options for an archive object first, if not there, check SPRO. For IDOC's, you do not set a residence time, you configure the status via WE47 to allow it to archive or not.

2. Yes, most archive objects need the records to be business complete.

3. I do not know what release you are at, but you do not "configure" regular transactions to view archive data. Some SAP transactions (such as FB03) will access archived data automatically if there is an archive information structure set up for that archive object. Otherwise, you can use the DRB via ALO1 or access archived data via SARE/SARI.

Starting in 4.7, more native SAP transactions such as VA03, VF03 etc. will now access archived data.

4. Not sure of your exact question here, but, if there are attached images for a document, you will still be able to view the image once the document has been archived. That is standard SAP functionality.

5. Deletion flag - the deletion flag is set first if it has met the archive criteria (example, residence time and business complete). If this data is accessed

in change mode, a message will be sent stating that this data can no longer by changed. But, if this data is still needed, the deletion flag can be removed.

Deletion indicator - when the deletion indicator is set, these documents are now locked against further changes and will be archived when the write job

is scheduled. The deletion indicator can not be removed.

6. See answer for question 5.

7. Not exactly sure, but can only surmise that no one needs to read this data. If it is necessary, you can view the data via an archive information structure.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Karin,

Thanks for the Info.and the big answer had some answers for the q for me as well.

Br,

Sri

Answers (0)