cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive RFC Metadata connection configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question concerning metadata connections configuration in Adaptive RFC. The problem is that I wasn't able to find out any way to instruct the application to use a different metadata destination than the one that was used when the Adaptive RFC model was imported. As opposed to this, the data destination can be set using:

<stuff>.modelObject().modelInstance().setSystemName(<stuff>), but if I would like to decide at runtime which destination I would like to use for my metadata, that does not seem possible.

Even worse, there is no way to configure the metadata in the sources (except for drilling into the dictionary definition file, which works but is a hack). So, one can understand that once the model has been imported, the metadata destination name would be hardcoded throughout the sources ? That does not seem very natural, as long as this connection does not seem to have anything special (except for the fact that it has to be Message-based).

So, long story short: how can one indicate to an Adaptive RFC model a metadata destination at runtime, if this is possible at all ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot folks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius

If you can define all the SAP systems in your destinations, then you can get your models to switch between these destinations by specifiying the destinations in your URL. This applies for Meta data destinations as well

check this post

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

also check the post

for a description on how to change metadata and model connection for an existing ARFC model at design-time.

Regards,

Patric.