cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Deploy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have searched the forums and haven't been able to find the right answer to my problem. I have seen very many close answers but not the perfect fix.

So here is the problem.

I have a WebDynpro EAR that I would like to deploy onto a remote J2EE server.

I have given the relevant details in Windows->Preference->J2EE Server.

The J2EE window does show me that its all up and running and is green.

When I deploy it, it prompts me for the password. I tried to give it the J2EE_ADMIN password. It doesnt take it, it prompts me thrice and then fails

with the following error.

Deployment exception : Server saptst02 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server saptst02 at port 50018: Connection refused: connect

Inner exception was :

Server saptst02 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server saptst02 at port 50018: Connection refused: connect

I have made sure that nothing else is being deployed and that nobody is running the Visual Admin. I did also modify the host file to explicitly put in the IP and DNS name like its mentioned in some blogs.

None of these approaches have helped. If you could tell me what I am missing or point me in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Aju Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Dheerendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

when u deploy any webdynpro project then the first time password asked by the tool is your portals SDM password so u have two options .....either try to remember urs SDM password or go to the VA and reset of urs SDM password and then again open urs webdynpro tool and then again deploy with ur new password and i m sure u will deploy with new password.....

Thanks

Dheerendra Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Ajay please enter ip address of your J2ee_admin server in the host file of your machine.

Regards

Nidhideep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem can be fixed without any code changes just by adding a corresponding record to the file %WINDIR%/system32/drivers/etc/hosts on the IDE host, so that the remote host short name is known to the local host.

For more information, see SAP Note 783965.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

At the time installation of J2ee engine and portal I think u have given the SDM password.

That means there created the SDM password.

Try to find any give there or other wise goto VA and reset the SDM password and try to change another one.

Thanks,

Lohi.