cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple maps for a single port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way we can create output files from two different Maps into a single port.

This is when using syndication server.

I know that one map can be associated to one port and it is difficult But just checking is there any work around's to achieve this.

I know if we use syndication batch we can write different files of different maps into a single port.

If anyone knows a workaround for this without using a syndication batch. The idea will be appreciated.

Regards

Bala Pochareddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a one to one association between the map and the port.

There is NO way you can have more than one map for the same port.

The port configuration in console does not allow you to do this.

When you create a port in the Console, a set of directories are created in the file system.

Using Syndication Batch, you can write multiple files of different maps to the same folder.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I posted this question to confirm what I already know. One of the answers confirmed what I am thinking is true

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am happy that what you already knew was reinforced.

But its posts like these that discourage budding forum members to attempt to solve others problems.

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Its true that there is a one-to-one correspondence between an outbound port and its syndication map. But there may be a way to work around it.

What if you can club the functionality of the two maps into one??

We may use the concept of <b><i>" Merge Items ".</i></b>

First using the Data Manager Export the required fields(and its corr. data into a txt file). Now in the syndicator, create a new Merge Item and specify the above txt file as source file. Thereafter also specify the source fields to merge.

As a result the Merge Item appears in your source items list of your Syndication Map and then you may be able to map, both the source items of your repository as well as the source fields from your Merge item, with the destination items.

Thereby you may able to club the functionality of the 2 maps into one. And then specify this map as the one for your outbound port.

Please lemme know if this helped you to workaround your problem.

Regards,

Siddharth.