cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't start J2EE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We've got BW 3.5 on Sap NetWeaver 2004 ABAP + Java (Java Add-In). We've got the problem with starting it.

Our system is on 1 server x64. We've got Windows 2003 Server. DataBase Oracle.

So in MMC everything is OK. We've got ABAP + Java instance (processes msg_server.exe, disp+work.exe,igswd.exe )

and Central Services (msg_server.exe, enserver.exe ).

First we didn't have some parametrs in our profile(DBW_DVEBMGS00_sap2). I added such as

icm/HTTP/j2ee_0                             PREFIX=/, HOST=sap2, CONN=0-10, PORT=50000    
rdisp/j2ee_start_lazy                       1 
rdisp/j2ee_timeout                          600        
rdisp/j2ee_start                            1    
exe/j2ee                                    F:usrsapDBWDVEBMGS00j2eeos_libsjcontrol.exe      

The problem is that i can't log in to my Visual Administrator and can't reach http://localhost:50000

Another problem is that i can't see in directory "F:\usr\sap\DBW\DVEBMGS00\work\" such log files as dev_bootstrap dev_jcontrol dev_server0 dev_jcmon

In SICF i've started all the services.

In the transaction SMICM i've got such a picture

HTTP Application Server Handler                                                                                
ABAP Server operational        = TRUE      
J2EE Server configured         = TRUE      
J2EE HTTP port                 =           
J2EE HTTPS port                =           
J2EE Server operational        = FALSE     
Default root access handler    = ABAP      
URL Prefix Table loaded        = FALSE     

What problem could it be? What log files should i see to find the problem?

From the first view only in dev_icm there are WARNINGS

[Thr 5876] *** WARNING => IcmNetCheck: NiAddrToHost(10.0.0.1) took 5 seconds [icxxtool.c   1012]
[Thr 5876] *** WARNING => IcmNetCheck: 1 possible network problems detected - please check the network/DNS settings [icxxtool.c   1068]

Thanks for you help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

Did you solve the problem?

I'm facing the same issue.

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The port number for the J2EE http part should look like 5NN00, where NN = instance number. For example, if you instance number is 00, then your port will be 50000, however, if it is 01 the port would look like 50100. Also, if there a firewall between your local pc and the server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only ABAP+Java instance and Central Service were running.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was the J2EE running before the parameters were entered and restarted?