cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

avoid duplicating data in xi (Urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting data from BW. I am getting multiple same material data. The thing is i need to have only one time this material and i want to sum up the quantity.

I want to know how we can avoid duplicate data and how to to filter and how to get the sum of quantity data

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

snehalatha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

BW is a place to agreagate the data not the XI

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

BW Team has solved the problem

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are Michal said it is not a good design to do that functionality in XI.

If you still wanted to go for such requiremen

You can do that using a UDF with a Global Variable/Global Container.

UDF will take in the material and respective quantity as queue. Inside the UDF group by material and sum up the qunatities and place array in the global container variable. This should happen only during the first time(check if the global variable is NULL) and from the second time it would retieve the respective quantity and return it.

Also you need to take care of the occurance of the records as well using another UDF with some boolean functionality.

Check this link to know how can you use container variables

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/b4ea10263c404599ec6edabf59aa6c/content.htm

Refer this thread for some ideas of removing duplicates in a UDF

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi snehalatha,

your requirement is business logic. business logic should'nt be in the middleware!

Regards Mario

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

+ BW is designed for handling such aggregates

Regards,

michal