cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU time of BPM or message mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there a way to find out how much CPU time is spent by a certain BPM instance (or message mapping instance)?

It would be sufficient to get that value per BPM type / message mapping type.

So far, I've found the following sources, which all won't work, unfortunately:

- table SWWWIHEAD: No CPU time information (as far as I see)

- transaction STAD: I don't see a way to connect an entry to the resp. BPM. There is a Transaction-ID, but I can't find it in the BPM...

- transaction ST03N: Only aggregated values for user WF_BATCH, not detailed statistics

- several places, which only show clock time, but not CPU time

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Denis,

I don't think you can find it in tables...

what you can try is:

create a test for 500, 1000, 5000 BPM instances

and check the CPU time during thier execution (and if it's similar x1, x2, x10)

and compare maybe then you'd get a "reasonable" results?

you can use mercury load runner to do the test

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks a lot for your info.

Too bad that there is no other possibility yet.

I'm not completely sure whether the result is worth the effort, though, as there will probably be a lot of different BPM types on this system, so benchmarking each is quite some work (and requires an otherwise idle test system during this time).

In addition, it could be difficult to generate test data that will most likely represent the expected data during production use. Especially for BPMs with many conditional tasks (branches, loops, ...), this can be a mess...

But I will propose it anyway. If it gets accepted, I'll post the gained experience with this approach here. Maybe it works better than my pessimistic expection.

Hopefully, SAP will integrate this functionality somewhen. I guess I set up some customer feedback.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about checking in table SXMSPMAST? There you can find start and end of process.

Regards,

Wojciech