cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Java/J2ee to SAP Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need some advice from you on my career progress.

I was worked around 2 years on Java and have exposure on j2ee.Incedently

I was introduced to SAP Netweaver(which i didn't expected) offshore testing as my company is a SAP Partner. after few days, I reallized that this platform is most challenging and interesting if i make a progress in this. accordingly I started to collect information on various source of information on taking either EP or XI as my next carer. though i am not working in EP or XI, but interested in pursue them.

So, I am a new guy to SAP.I have read numerous articles on forum.still unable to get what i want. I am in confusion whether i have to take EP or XI or which component of Netweaver.

My question are

1>how relevant is java to SAP career change..?

2>does it affect my employability in a perticular technology.(as i had 2 years on java and now on SAP)..?

3>what is the road map that i have to consider now onwards?(I just working on SAP Netweaver platform for testing services which seems to be technical support more)

Thanks in Advance

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>>how relevant is java to SAP career change..?</b>

Only if you know Java you can take advantage from the various NetWeaver components: in XI you have Java Mapping, adapter modules, custom functions, Java proxy; in EP you have Java iView and java service; Java WebDynpro;Mobile Infrastructure.... As you can see, JAVA it's the common language of SAP already, and more in the future.

<b>2>does it affect my employability in a perticular technology.(as i had 2 years on java and now on SAP)..?</b>

You can became a NetWeaver developer with strong J2EE developer, for ALL NetWeaver products based on J2EE.

<b>3>what is the road map that i have to consider now onwards?(I just working on SAP Netweaver platform for testing services which seems to be technical support more)</b>

You have to study the J2EE, the SAP J2EE architecure and Service Oriented Architecture, than the NetWeaver Developer Studio. I suggest to start your development training with WebDynpro Java.

Don't forget to look also on ABAP lanaguage, when you have time: you will find it always on your path....