Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC calls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone:

2 quick questions:

1. qRFC or tRFC can be Asynchronous or Synchronous?(IDOC - BAPI)

2. How can I configured tRFC calls with idocs from R/3 to XI.(to get the right order?)

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

QRFC and TRFC are asynch. for Synch you use SRFC .

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alvaro

I only know that you have to use a Queue on your SAP ERP side to get the right order after reconnect.

I found a blog which sounds helpful:

/people/community.user/blog/2006/11/04/how-to-serialize-idoc-xml-messages-fed-into-xi

Daniel

PS: I did a mistake in my first answer you need “first in first out” not “first in last out” as I wrote

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

How can I "configure qRFC on SAP RFC side"? thanks

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can only use EOIO mode if you have WAS 6.40 (on your R3, ERP system)

the scenario is described here:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alvaro,

How can I configured tRFC calls with idocs from R/3 to XI.(to get the right order?)

If I understand you right you want to know how to configure SAP ERP to send IDOCs in the right order. Is this right?

Example: Material Master Idoc

If XI is not available your SAP ERP system will generate several MATMAS Idocs in tRFC queue. Normally the SAP system will sent the IDOCs after XI reconnect in “last in first out” mode.

To ensure that SAP will use “first in last out” your have to configure qRFC on SAP RFC side.

I hope this is the answer of your question.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Answer to first Q -- From SAP Help

The RFC adapter maps the following RFC calls to XML messages and the other way around:

Synchronous RFC calls (sRFCs) in messages with quality of service Best Effort (BE)

Transactional RFC calls (tRFCs) in messages with quality of service Exactly Once (EO)

The receiver RFC adapter can also process messages with quality of service Exactly Once In Order (EOIO). They are mapped to transactional RFC calls (tRFC).

2. Configurations for tRFC foe IDoc:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/content.htm

Regards

vijaya