cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem wirh Java Dictionary Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing some problem with java dictionary.

my problem is i have created one java dictionary DC ,in that

i have some tables.i deployed those tables and i am using them in the sqlj.

now my requirement is i have to change the colume size in a particular table. i changed size in java dictionary project and deployed that.but changes are not getting reflected in the database.

any suggestion will be appriciated.

With Regards

Shobhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

We had same problem in our project.

Have u restarted ur server after deployment?

We have done the same and changes got reflected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I think deleting the table from backend and redeploying the project again is one solution.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

thanks for ur quick replay.

i can't drop my table at this stage because it has some data and my administrator is not allowing to delete that table from data base.but in the sap documentation it was mentioned that if u change any field size and deploy the changes must be automatically reflected.

why it is not happening.

any idea.

With Regards

Shobhan

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi there,

Could be because of cache, try restarting server,

regards,

LM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhan,

One work around is keep the table data in another temp_table .

Delete the original table and deploy the changed table .

copy the data from Temp_Table to original_table.

Regards, Anilkumar

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

You need to delete the existing sda file from NWDS, re generate and deploy it. Do the following steps...

- In NWDS go to Navigator View ->Your Java Dic porject -> gen -> default -> deploy -> delete the .sda file from here.

- Go to Java Dictionary perspective build the project then right click and click on Create archive.

- Deploy it.

One important point is when you increase column lenght it will delete the existing column data and re create the column.

For your better understanding open the existing sda file with zip and see the content of file with extension .gdbtable.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya,

First, there are compatible changes to DDIC project and there are incompatible ones. Adding column is compatible change, changing column data type is incompatible change. Not sure about length, probably extending length is allowed but "shrinking" is forbidden.

Try to deploy your DDIC archive with stand-alone SDM -- are there any errors shown?

Also, if your admin forbids you from deleting tables, how deployment service of SAP WebAS is able to delete/alter tables??? Are you sure it (or user used, actually) has enough permissions?

In our projects we kept all data as separate SQL scripts with insert statements. Plus scripts that drops database tables explicitly. However, this was due the fact that old NW04 has problems with DDIC project deployments...

Anyway, it is not a problem to find a tool that downloads content of database tables as SQL scripts with INSERT statements. It is even not a big deal to develop your own tool, but I'm sure such thing exists for MSSQL/Oracle/MaxDB.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net