cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear Buffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we get dump error of system_no_task_storage through SE22 what we do is restart the application server to clear the buffer. But is there any command in unix to clear the buffer without restarting the application server to reduce the server downtime? We have IBM servers with AIX-unix as OS.

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Example for RSWDCLRBUF

Workflow Definition: ws90000002

Version: 0001

Former Member
0 Kudos

system_no_task_storage is related to ABAP Servers Memory Management - extended memory (em) or heap allocation.

there are some parameter which limit the memory a transaction can allocate.

There should also be a little more information in the short dump how many memory was allocated by the transaction and which classes.

see st02 after short dump and have a look at extended memory and heap usage.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

which buffers u want to clear u didnt specify

use these programs to clear buffers

RSWDCLRBUF Program to delete shared buffer

RSUSR405 Reset all user buffers in all clients (uncritical)

Please let me knwo if this is helpful

regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am running RSWDCLRBUF I am getting a selection screen where it is asking for workflow definition and version. What are these? If i execute it by giving * at both the fields it is showing no workflow found. Plz help.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

/$tab Reset all buffers

/$sync Synchronize instances buffers

Regards

Umesh K

Message was edited by:

Umesh k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The commands that you have mentioned are not working. In some servers when I am running these commands it is saying permission denied and in some servers it is saying parameter not set. Can you plz suggest how they can be fixed? I mean where I have to set the parameter or which permission is to be given and where.

I require the solution urgently. Plz help.

Regards