Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Client Copy runtime

former_member188973
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

first, I know there are many parameters that influence the runtime of a remote client copy (CPU, Memory, Network etc.) but I need to know how many time a remote client copy of about 300 GB will take. Let say we have 4 CPUs 8 GB RAM and a central instance on one host.

Please tell me a value in hours.

Maybe tell me your Hardware and runtime.

Many thanks for all answers

Kind regards

Roman Becker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roman - 60GB (on 1Gb network) = 12-14h ... for your 300GB of data it could be 2-3 days.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

now I have the same problem, I also want to know the amount of time does it took for you assume we have the same H/W. also is there any other reason which slow down process, I mean while we take remote copy from operational system, is there possibility of pause the copying operation of lock tables etc. Please help me in this matter.

Because last time I did local copy with similar H/W and there were around 250GB of data, but it took <b>3 DAYS</b> to complete process. Now I wanted to do remote client copy and I wonder how much time it takes with previous experience. Experts please advise me in this matter.

Best Regards.

former_member188973
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for support...

Former Member
0 Kudos

On a remote client copy the biggest bottleneck is typically the network. In your case, additional CPU or memory would probably not have a significant impact. On the other hand, doubling the network bandwidth could potentially cut the time in half.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

I think you can be talking about more than 12 hours

Everything pretty much depends on the performance of the hardware but basically by the size of the DB it should take quite a bit of time.

Hope it helps!

Juan