cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Definition Invalid for Port - Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get an error "Data Definition Invalid for Port" when I want to manually connect to a port using the import manager.

However, the same port is accepting data trough the import manager server.

What can be the problem ? How to look for errors ? Where are the details stored?

Thx,

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dirk,

You can monitor all the activities taking place in your repository in the <i><Repository> --> Admin --> Reports</i> in the MDM Console. You may get a detailed description of your error over there.

Lemme know if this solved your problem

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not resolving my issues. This is my port configuration:

Type: Inbound

Client: MDM

MAP: Map created using import manager and ODBC text

Format: Delimited Text

Delimiter : ,

Processing Automatic

I have posted a file, that was picked up by the import manager and generated an exception, due to some data convertions I think ( looking at the log-file)

However, I would like to connect using the import manager to rectify the situation and for example, perform manual intervention. When I connect to the repository, select Type:PORT and my MDMclient system, I can see two entries in the Port dropdown, one named "MDMFLATFILE(Exception)"

Selectin that just pops up an error message " LOGON ERROR:DATA DEFINITION INVALID FOR PORT "MDMFLATFILE"

I do not see anything in the logs that explains this behaviour...

Any ideas ?

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Havent encountered this error yet, so no ideas as of now.

But I wanted to ask you that, if the <b><i>processing type for your port is " Automatic " </i></b>, how is it you are getting anything in the Port dropdown?

Since you want to use the Import Manager, try changing the processing type of your port to <b>" Manual "</b>. Ideally you get the port names in the Port dropdown; for which processing type is manual.

Let me know if this helped you.

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried this before. No resolution. Opened an OSS note to get answer from SAP anyhow,

Dirk