cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with installation of SAP NetWeaver 2004 on solaris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to install SAP Netweaver 2004 Dialog instance on a solaris system. In My first attempt It has failed as I have choosen wrong database(Oracle) version (It was searching for a wrong directory with that version so I have exited the installation).

Now, it is giving some other problem. Whenever I execute : ./sapinst on console it is throwining a message saying

"guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host 227-5-3-soldev06, port 21212 to continue with the installation"

after that it is opening a "SAP Installation GUI "window asking credentials for host and port. It is not successful with the correct inputs i.e. it is unable to connect to GUI Engine.

I have tried different ways to solve this problem like enabling remote installation.

(I mean starting sapinst by setting GUI mode to false, and running startinstgui.bat from windows to administer the installation remotley) etc........

Please help me if you have any workarounds for this.

Thanks,

Shivender.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read the installation manual first..

For remote installation u need to perform some task on local and remote machine

Your Remote Host Runs on a UNIX Platform

1. Log on to your remote host as user root.

2. Mount the Installation Master DVD.

3. Enter the following commands:

cd <SAP_Installation_Master_DVD>/IM<x>_<OS>/SAPINST/UNIX/<OS>

./sapinst SAPINST_START_GUI=false

For more information, also see section Running SAPinst on UNIX in the Component Installation Guide

for UNIX.

SAPinst now starts and waits for the connection to the SAPinst GUI. That is, you see the following at

the command prompt:guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host <host_name>, port

<port_number> to continue with the installation.

4. Start the SAPinst GUI on your local host, as described in Starting SAPinst GUI on the Local Host

Your Local Host Runs on a UNIX Platform

1. Log on as user root.

2. Mount your installation DVD.Mount the DVD locally. We do not recommend using Network File System (NFS).

3. Change to the following directory:

cd <SAP_Installation_Master_DVD>/IM<x>_<OS>/SAPINST/UNIX/<OS>

4. Start the SAPinst GUI in one of the following ways:

&#9632; With additional parameters

Enter the following from the UNIX command line:

./startinstgui.sh -host <host_name> -port <port_number>

<host_name> is the host name of the installation host

<port_number> is the same port as SAPinst uses on the remote host

&#9632; Without additional parameters

a) Enter the following from the UNIX command line:

./startinstgui.sh

The SAPinst GUI starts and tries to connect to SAPinst on the local host. However, normally there is

no SAPinst running on the local host.

Therefore, the SAPinst GUI cannot connect and the SAP Installation GUI Connection dialog appears.

b) Enter the host name of the Installation Host and the same Port as SAPinst uses on the remote host

and choose Log on.

SAPinst GUI connects to the SAPinst server and the &#59905;rst dialog of the installation appears.

5. Perform the installation from your local host.

Regards

Umesh