cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HL7 Adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all,

does anyone have the experience of "HL7 Adapter" in XI?

How will the HL7 Standard Definition in XI-Repository be defined in the case of HL7 Version 2.x, which is typical HL7 syntax, but not XML format?

Any experience?

Thanks and best regards

Jing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

you're right.

The transformation vom HL7 flat to HL7-XML (or other way round) is done in the CA generated modules.

Normaly there is no need for DT or MT. You just have an "External Definition" = the HL7 xsd for the corresponding HL7 message typ. This (imported) definition can be used directly als message type when creating a message interface so there is no need to create an extra data- or message types.

In XI-Repository you only need to take care about the message mapping between the HL7-XML and the back-end data model - as you already said.

- In CA you have to create the module(s)/service(s) (they make the transformation HL7 flat <-> XML)

- In XI-Repository you have to import the HL7 xsd as external definition, create message interface and implement a message mapping when needed.

Regards,

Chris

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all guys.

It was really very helpful!

best regards

Jing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thank you. Let me summarize what you have said:

A XI-HL7 Adapter (in your sample CA) does the HL7 Syntax and Fields mapping to XML. e.g ADT01 would be then ADT01-XML

Then this ADT01-XML message comes into "XI", DT and MT could be imported as XSD from CA HL7 library in which the HL7 mapping (ADT01 to XML data type) was done.

In XI-Repository, I only need to care about the ADT01-XML message mapping to e.g. the back-end data model.

So generally if we have a project connecting 2 systems which talk about HL7 language, we need to know which HL7 messages we need to be mapped in our project, these should be done in CA. Then define the interfaces and mapping rules in XI-Repository,

Am I right?

Jing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

yes Shabarish is right.

Either you have an outbound or an inbound scenario.

In both cases the transformation is done via EJB module created in Conversion Agent Studio.

You have to create a library projekt with the HL7 message you need.

When choosing the HL7 message you have to pick the parser-module for outbound and the serializer-module for inbound scenario.

After deployment of this service you can use it on e.g. XI file adapter/module page.

Depending on the scenario (outbound=parser/inbound=serializer) the created module transforms the HL7 flat to XML and vice versa.

There is no need to create a DT or MT for mapping because you can import the specific HL7 xsd (provided by Conversion Agent) e.g. as external definition.

Hope that info helps.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the infos.

My questions are:

From that link I saw the CA library is connected with XI-AF module, and the message conversion happens in runtime, right?

What was done in XI-Repository?

I mean, the message and espcially HL7 Data Fields mapping rules must be done in XI-Repository, or I am wrong?

For example: one HL7 ADT01 message comes into XI, in XI-Repository

An Interface for ADT01 shall be defined,

A message for ADT01 shall be defined,

The Data Type for ADT01 shall be defined.

Then an interface for ADT01-XML must be mapped to ADT01 and all the related Messages and Data Types.

So the HL7 message could be converted into XML.

Am I right?

Who has done this mapping rules for HL7 in XI-Repository? Did Conversion Agent do this? or XI-Consultant?

best regards

Jing

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>A message for ADT01 shall be defined,

The Data Type for ADT01 shall be defined.</i>

>>>>

it seems usually a xsd would be provided in such a scenario (correct me if i am wrong), so no DT or MT is req.

What happens basically is the HL7 file will be parsed by conv. agent and will be created into the XML of the schema as defined by xsd.

<i>Who has done this mapping rules for HL7 in XI-Repository? Did Conversion Agent do this? or XI-Consultant?</i>

>>>>>

mapping rules will usually be defined by the business ie once you get the HL7 file as a xml into XI u can map it to whtever output u need.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you have access to teched materials you can see the sample in

EPI250 Building Transformations Using the SAP Conversion Agent by Itemfield

as far as I remember we did hl7 as one of the exercises

Regards,

michal

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos