cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exersice in vc

Former Member
0 Kudos

im doing an exersice in vc but something i dont understand

1To define the visibility of the bank address table depending on the checkbox of the selection screen, go to the table Bank Address. <b>Define a formula as visibility condition that checks the Boolean value of the checkbox on the selection screen</b>.what does it mean?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I understand it right, it means that u have to do two things.

First, you should create a checkbox. The data typ is Boolean.

And then you can create a visibility condition (for this click on the table [the one that should be visible or not], and then on the right side on configure. There you will find an entry called "visibility condition", and you have the option to create a formula. If you create a formula you will see the Boolean Checkbox, drag this list into the formula field, and typ in "== true".

I guess this should work. If not let me know iwill try it by myself.

regards

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. HI MARCUS THIS IS MY EXERSICE

2. Create a checkbox in the input form and name it Show Detail. <b>I DO</b>

3. Define as default the Boolean 1, which means that the checkbox is selected when executing the model for the first time<b>.?</b>

4. Rearrange the layout of the selection area and place the checkbox on the right hand side of the submit button. <b>I DO</b>

5. Save your model.

6. To define the visibility of the bank address table depending on the checkbox of the selection screen, go to the table Bank Address. Define a formula as visibility condition that checks the Boolean value of the checkbox on the selection screen. <b>I DON’T UNDERSTAND?</b>

THANKES MARCUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

nice exercise. I tested it and it works. So step by step.

Point 3 of you: create a checkbox in the input form (do this by clicking on the input form, then on the right side of your screen add a checkbox, that is easy).

then double click on this expression to open the details. on the general tab, the last point is "default .." enter there the following "true ==1". That means the expression expected a boolean value (true or false) and if the the value is true you will see it as a 1.

Then click on the table Bank Adress. on the right side you see things like "Form vie" "Layout" ... ! The second last Point under Layout is "visibility condition". there open the formula editor (the little symbol on the right). Expand the first point (Data Fields), below of this you should find the name of your Input Form. Expand this too. There you should find the Boolean. By Drag and Drop this into the expression box on the left side, or doubleclick. Should be something like "#ID[ACA1M8]@BOOL1" Then go to expression box on the left, and add the Following " ==1".

THis is the way it works here. Let me now if it works, if not I will try to send you screenshots.

Regards

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

IT WORK THANKES MARCUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, no problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi marcus you now how can put a guard option ex. if i wont in some row to put just number greter then 5 how can i do it?

Answers (0)