cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar Code Reading in ABAP, through handheld scanner or say Barcode Reader

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I want to scan the bar code label through the bar code reader, and get the bar code

no in sap abap.

Please let me know what settings and coding needs to be done to get the bar code

no that is scanned.

PLease let me know how i should go about it

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiii

thank you for such prompt reply. i have also added the point ))))

But i have one thing to ask like, let me brief it more.

I have a label which has say no 1234567890, now when i scan this label

i got the no as this now i have to have some database where i will match this code

if bar code no is this then only let further processing happens

now cau you guide how that will happen.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

There are a couple of third-party tools which can directly read the data from the barcode and you can use it in the ABAP program.

Alternatively create a dialog screen. USe the barcode scanner and get the data as an input parameter and based on the input parameter do what ever validation you require and then based on the output of the validation trigger your relevant processing.

Cheers

VJ

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its simple again, Desing a screen with text box and a button. Scan your barcode into textbox (using the scanner), click on the button to process like if the text in textbox is 1234567890 then do some process.

Is that ok. Or lemme know the scenario. I will help you out.

--Ragu

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No codind required. The barcode scanner will be attached to your keyboard slot. When you scan the barcode, the scanner will feed in the text stream into the system. So where ever you have the cursor. It will just be filled. It can be into notepad, wordpad, address bar, or anywhere.

--Ragu