cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Definition Properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Question on the port definition properties ( MDM Console)

When setting up a port in the console, you can specifiy a parameter called "Format", with values fixed text and delimited text. In addition, there are columns and delimiter properties.

What are these properties and how are they related to the maps created by the import manager and/or syndicator.

I failed to find the explenation to this in the manuals, so if anyone knows what they are used for, please let me know.

Thx,

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

The format indicates source data format for inbound ports.

<b>fixed text</b> means input file will be fixed width ASCII text files.When u select the fixed text then only u can enter value into <b>columns</b> field which shows the column positions seperated by semicolon (for example 27;58;96;125) in the input file.

<b>Delimited text</b> means input file will be demilited ASCII text files means to say that columns values will be seperated by some dilimiter i.e. seperator.Once you select the dimilited text format then only you can set value to the dilimiter field.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv Prashant Dixit</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Indeed, this is what I assumed - the parameters are there to describe the input-format of the flat-file, but what is the relationship with for example the MAP specified ?

Thx,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

When you say "relationship with map specified"; what exactly do you want to convey?

<b>The import map must be for a flat-file i.e. type:ODBC.</b>. [For your Ref: There is how to guide available for importing flat files using Import Manager on service market place.]

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dirk,

The Format: <b>Delimited Text</b> is used in case the source(input) file is a delimited ASCII text file. <b>We had used it when we wanted to import data from a source csv file</b>. The delimiter maybe tab(\t) or a comma (',').

While the format type <b>fixed text</b> is used for FIxed Width ASCII text files. Its property column specifies numeric column positions -entered as semi-colon delimited list (e.g. 19;77;80)

Regards,

Siddharth