cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a released Segment (IDOC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is regarding modification of a field in a released segment.

My client wants to change a field in a released segment(Extended segment).

I hope this is not supported in SAP, as only new fields can be added to the released segments(which becomes newer version).

Can anyone help me out how to proceed in this scenario.

Do i have to create a new segment type and new message type in order to change a already released segment type?

Regards

Dhanapal S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you can cancel the release from WE31 (Menu Edit-> cancel release) and then go fwd with editing the segment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...

Release can be cancelled but if it has earlier version (Predecessor),

then the fields from the earlier version will be graded out in the edit screen

and only new fields can be added to the current version

Pls check the following link...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/dc/6b830b43d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Has anyone come across this scenario..

Regards

Dhanapal S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create new segment with the same fileds as old. Afterwards add new fileds and create new IDOC type.

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I created a new segment containing the same fields as the old one and modified the required field. I attached this segment to the IDOC type.

But when i create Order using this IDOC type in LSMW, the edited field was not read and it is not getting populated in the Order also.

How to populate the data to the extended segments?. If anyone has any document, specifying the steps to be followed while extending the segments,kindly send it to me(dhanapalsjp@yahoo.co.jp)

Regards

Dhanapal S

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Changing SAP Standard IDOC is not allowed.

For custom idoc you can go to MEnu->EDIT->cancel release and change the field and release it once agian.

Thanks,

Tuhin