cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Print Controls in Smartforms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I created a print control named ZSG01 for device type HPLJ4 (representing HP laserjet 4 series ). ZSG01 contains the hexidecimal character

However, I was unable to find my print control when using the drop down selection in the smartform command node for a new window, under the output options -> print control.

If i just enter the print control ZSG01 in the field directly and saved changes in the form, i get an error during printing.

Where did I go wrong? Pardon me if the questions seems novice as I had no prior experience using print controls.

Thanks & Regards,

Junwen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Mananged to solved this with advice from Sridhar in another similar post:

ZSG01 not showing in SF print control because it's created as device type specific and not added to standard print controls.

To add it to standard print cotrol, go to SPAD, click on device types tab, click on Print control button and create ZSG01, then it'll show up in smartforms.

You should not get any error when you use device type specific print controls in SF, what error are you getting?

If u've copied HPLJ4 to ZHPLJ4, make sure it's used in output device definition.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

There was no error when activating the smartform. However, when i print the smartform, SP01 will show that the printout has a 'problem'.

The title of the 'problem' is 'Access Type for Print Parameter and Proposal'. The detail log when I drill down is 'Print request processing log. Errors occurred processing this print request'. I couldn't get any more specific logs.

Thus, I suspect that it is the print control which I added in the Smartform Command Node? I had manually key in a self-created Print control

Best Regards,

Junwen

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SPAD and check your access method.

Here's the link that helps you for list of access methods.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b6/c0193c45f9fa13e10000000a114084/content.htm

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

Thanks for the help. This seems strange but all my output devices are on Access method C.

Is that incorrect? Should we use S?

Best Regards,

Junwen

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are printing from the server then it should be C otherwise its wrong because. You didn't note that important point,

for <b>S The spool work process transfers the output data to the SAP transfer process (SAPlpd) in the remote PC.</b>

for <b>C The spool work process of the SAP System and the host spool system (operating system spooler) are on the same host.</b>

Was that helpful.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how come we know what error you get???? Pl. be specific so that we can understand your problem and help you out.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Try to test the form in the smartform transaction, if you have an error the result of the test will tell you what it is.

Cheers

Gabriel