cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could someone tell me why i dont need RFC destination at R/3 end for scenario, but i need RFC destination at XI end to R/3, File to R/3(IDoc).

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

RFC destinations are the means with which Idoc's are posted to and from XI.

If you need to post an Idoc from the R3 system to XI, you would need an RFC destination in the R3 System pointing to XI. But, if you need to post an idoc from XI to the R3 system, you would need to have an RFC destination maintained in XI for the R3 system

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I guess you understood the concept of RFC...I mean why do we need RFC destination and wha is the use of RFC Destination and how to use the RFC Destination.

If you have still any doubts please update.

Thanks in Advance.

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u send idoc from r/3 to xi u need RFC Destination in r/3 and u want to send idoc from xi to r/3 u need RFC Destination in xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hashish,

I guess you understood by giving the inputs from xi folks,Let me share my knowledge to you.you might get Atlas one idea among from the above.

1)what is meant by RFC Destination?

A)RFC is nothing but Remote Function call.

2)How do we know that when do we need to create RFC Destination.

A)We need to create RFC destination when we are dealing with idoc(SAP Systems)

Ex:I have scenario let say file to idoc...I have used file adapter as sender to convert my file to xml and the corresponding xml will be conveted to to idoc by using idoc adapter in the reciever side..see here in this situation you can undestand the why do need to create RFC Destination.....Xi will recieve the data by using adapter..now xi holds the data so we need to send this data to corresponding target system(SAP System),So first of all we need to know which target system are going to use,for that reason we need to create a RFC Destination from xi....is the same as the idoc to file scenario also.

If you have access to R/3 please logon R/3 and use the transaction code as sm59 and you can have look and u will be more familiar with RFC destination.

I will be waiting for you queries.

Thanks in Advance.

Chandu.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in case of FILE to IDOC (R3), your Idoc is being sent from XI to R3.

Now a RFC destination always points to some other system, and thus a connection to that system is made. So in a file -> idoc scenario, a RFC dest. is created in XI pointing to R3.

Similarly for a IDOC -> XI -> File scenario, a RFC dest is created in R3 pointing to XI (so that a connection for the IDoc to be received from R3 to XI is established).