cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options to change jdbc adapter for multiple server nodes without flag in db

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to load, we are about to add a new server node for additional J2EE memory within XI. Reading the notes and discussions about this, it is apparent that the server nodes don't distinguish between themselves in terms of polling. i.e. If we have a jdbc channel that polls every 24 hours, and you have 2 server nodes, it polls twice at the approximate same time every 24 hours.

Question I have is how have people got around this issue where you cannot update the information to say that the data has been read. i.e. Our scenario is reading the complete table contents every day and sending all information to another system.

Hence, if we have 2 server nodes, we will execute this message twice. When we add a 3rd server node, we will have 3 messages sent at the same time per day.

One complicated option (I think) is to use an application client on XI to schedule a job which calls an ABAP Proxy on the integration client which starts off a ccBPM which in turn reads the database hence single threading this process.

Anyone got any sensible ideas?

Regards,

Matt

ps. Ignore the obvious design flaws with this approach as there is no other option in this scenario due to restrictions in the end system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Extending Bhavesh's point, and assuming the receiver system is SAP, then why not schedule your calls on the receiver system, as the consumer of the data.

The report name and optionally a date range can be written from the RFC via XI to a separate table in the database. The select statement can join the table to the existing view. The update statement can update the new table as your source table or view is obviously out of bounds.

The advantage of this approach is that it results in a classic request response where XI is transparent.

We are planning to do something very similar in our own project.

Best Regards,

Bill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matt,

SP19 is just around the corner and it will have the Adapter Scheduling available in it and thereby avoid the polling related issues.

Meanwhile, Instead of using a separate App System on XI and triggering ABAP proxies, why not shcedule a Dummy report in XI and use the sender RFC adapter? this can avoid the headache of maintaining a separate App Client on your XI box.

Regards,

Bhavesh