cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant connect to FTP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

i m having some networking issues with my XI server,may be u people can help me out.

i took a VPN connection of SAP XI for educational purposes.now in order to do any scenario,lets say File-To-File i need to store the file on some FTP server,as the VPN company doesn't allow me to store any file on their server i made my PC as the FTP server(by using Golden FTP server),now when i try to access this server from within my LAN i can connect but when i try to connect from outside it does not connect.as the SAP XI server is outside my LAN the scenarios are not working.

do u guys know any FTP server which can be accessed from outside the LAN and is free to download or is their any other way i can store my files so that the scenarions start working fine?

thanx

aamir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not access this from outside your LAN to develop File to File Scenario. You can use NFS protocol instead of FTP. Use the below Function module <SE37> to upload the file from your Local system to your PI File system <AL11> and complete end to end development.

ARCHIVFILE_CLIENT_TO_SERVER

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i guess in such a situation you can utilize NFS and not FTP. NFS would mean that you wud be placing your files on the XI server itself.

Use the Transport Protocol - File System (NFS) in your comm. channel.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to ensure that there is network connectivity between your LAN and the XI server and the FTP ports are pen. if they are not open, then you will not be able to do anything about it.

Or, try to get some File System access at the other XI server and place the files in that location.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have access, but  i don't know how exec. or call file from ftp server in Data flow, i mean script for get xml file  from ftp server ...