cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fields are not shown on print preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone this is Neethu here I am very new to sap script ...when i see the print preview of the form the fields are shown as XXXXXXX for eg. in place of the customer name XXXXXXXXX and the customer number XXXXX

can some one please help me in resolving the probelm i am not able to understand why the fields are not read from the table KNA1.

though i call the form from the program which i create using se38 the fields are not be displayed....

the functions that i call are in order

open form

start form

write form

stop form

close form

please help since i have a requirement.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi neethu,

Did you use AT events(AT END OF, AT NEW) in any internal table in the print program?

If you use these events, all field values before AT event field will contain '*'

If this is not the case, put break-point in the program where you are calling WRITE_FORM for printing customer details and check the data.

Make sure that you have provided sufficient space for printing these fields.

Thanks

Ramakrishna

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

you can try to debugg the sap script and see if the values are being passed correctly from the print program.

to activate the sap script debugger use SE71 --> Utilities --> Activate Debugger.

To find good documents on sap script please explore www.sapsuperusers.com site where you will find the SAP SCRIPT MADE EASY guide book which is very handy while workign with Sap scripts.

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the other fields getting displayed correctly..

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did try everything but still i am facing the same problem could u please send me a nice tutorial on sap script ....

please help...

thanking in kind regards,

neethu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

2 things possible in your case.

1. you might have executed the SAPscript in SE71, you wont get values there.

2. If you are executing it from SE38, then you would have given different work area in SE38 and SE71. have you done Like this ,

<b>SE38.</b>

<b>SELECT SINGLE * FROM KNA1 INTO WA WHERE KUNNR EQ P_KUNNR.
CALL FUNCTION 'WRITE_FORM</b>

<b>SE71</b>

<b>&WA-KUNNR&,,&WA-NAME1&</b>

The WA might me different, just check it out.

Regards:-

Santosh.

• Mark Usefull Answers