cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using BAPI_BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA as Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use the BAPI:

BAPI_BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA as a web service . I have generated a web service for this BAPI using the wizard in SAP.

I am able to reference the WebService in .net code.

But I have really no knowledge of how to use this particular BAPI. what kind of input would it require. Is there any documentation available for this BAPI..

Is this the best way to use this BAPI?

One of our current processes is to allow a user to create a business partner from an existing .net application.

Are there any example of using BAPIS as web services in .net (not using the .net connector)?

Any help is appreciated.

Jawahar Rajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jawahar.

Did u problem solved?

cheers

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

you can find some examples if you search here on sdn.sap.com or also on http://www.microsoft.com/isv/sap/technology/interop/dotnet.aspx. Since most of the BAPIs require an external commit it might be necessary to wrap the BAPI in a zBAPI where you include the commit for the transaction. If you need documentation about the BAPI the best point to get to is problably the transaction BAPI, here you will find the doumentation of the single fields.

Thanks,

- Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jawahar,

Its not very hard to use it in .NET. All you need is create the proxy. Which i guess u would have done it while adding webrefernece of the wsdl file to .net application.

the you need to initialize it.It takes one structure and string as parameters. If you are not sure wat parameters you need to use. you can see it in SAP side.

I have cretaed small example to help you explain it. it takes

APProxy.ZMWF_TEST_WEBSERVICE_STRUC sapStruct = new SAPProxy.ZMWF_TEST_WEBSERVICE_STRUC();

SAPProxy.ZMWF_TEST_WEBSERVICE_STRUC[] sapStructaRR = new SAPProxy.ZMWF_TEST_WEBSERVICE_STRUC[1];

SAPProxy.Bapiret1 RETURNVALUE = new SAPProxy.Bapiret1();

sapStruct.EMP_NUM = "14";

sapStruct.EMP_NAME = "ABC";

sapStructaRR[0] = sapStruct;

SAPProxy.Z_MWF_test_viService sapProxy = new SAPProxy.Z_MWF_test_viService();

ICredentials creds = new NetworkCredential("username", "password"); sapProxy.Credentials = creds;

sapProxy.Url = "http://YYYYY.XXX:8000/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/Z_TEST_VI?sap-client=100";

string strEMpno="15";

try

{

RETURNVALUE = sapProxy.ZfMwfTestWebserviceRfc(ref sapStructaRR, strEMpno);

}

PS: please award point if it is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a similar question. I would like to request the same BAPI as a web service but I use web dynpro. Does there exist a detailed tutorial on how to use bapis exposed as web services using web dynpro?

thanks,

all the best,

felix