cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO and TSW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please explain to me how APO and TWS are integrated. I realize that APO contains a planning book specific to TSW. My uncertainty is more around how TSW and APO interacts. Does TSW and APO do the same thing and is only separated by the time fences or planning horizons?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trader's and Scheduler's Workbench (TSW)

The following functions are available for the oil and gas industry:

o additional types of location master data

o product planning book

o object hierarchy control for hierarchical selection

o SD contract numbers as descriptive characteristics in Demand Planning (DP) and Supply Network

Planning (SNP)

o enhanced Transport Planning and Vehicle Scheduling (TPVS) functions

Additional Types of Location Master Data

APO TSW provides two new types of location master data, called terminal location and geographic area

location. You can use these location types in location hierarchies. The hierarchies are used in SNP, which

includes the TSW stock projection worksheet, as well as in TSW enhancements to TPVS.

Product Planning Book

A new planning book, called 9ATSW_SPW1 with data view TSW_SPW1(1) is available for the TSW stock

projection worksheet (SPW). The planning book contains enhancements specific to oil and gas, and it

provides a framework for daily and weekly product planning.

The planning book calculates and displays the value of book stock that is transferred from the R/3 System in

the row Book stock. If this figure is negative, it appears in the row Book backlog. To calculate the Stock on

hand and Backlog column values, the planning book adds the What if receipt and the Book stock or Book

backlog values, and subtracts the critical stock level (such as the unpumpable quantity defined in the

location product master data) and the What if demand values from this figure. The planning book contains a

function for calculating these values.