cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am attempting to use the jdbc connector to configure a communication channel to an oracle database. I am running Solaris on oracle NW2004SR1.

This is the error after activating the channel:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin@torigai:1527:DSORACLE' using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin@torigai:1527:DSORACLE': SAPClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'

The oracle driver is already deployed because I am running 10g so there is no need to deploy. I have following the How-to drivers document but don't need to deploy as ojdbc.jar is already there.

Thanks

Mikie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<u><b>SAPClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'</b></u> --> This error clearly implies that the OracleDriver has not been installed on your XI server.

Ask you admin team to do the needful and install the Oracle Drivers.

Regards,.

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Error statements states that the Communication channel not able to connect using DB Url .

Check these -

1) Verify the DB URL by connecting database using Command line SQL plus or any SQL editor.

2) Check wether the Drivers deployed are supported for the Oracle Db version and JDK version on XI server and OS type ( Solaris )

Check this URL for details on JDBC drivers support list -

Check these and let me know.

Nanda

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out the path you have mentioned is correct.

regards

Agasthuri Doss