cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect to VPN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys i m new to XI and to learn it a bit more i got a VPN connection for the XI server.

now if i do any scenarion,suppose File-To-File,can i store the file on my PC(client) and then move it to some other PC (client) or i need to store this file on the XI server(i guess they wont let me do that).

thanx

aamir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>File-To-File,can i store the file on my PC(client) and then move it to some other PC (client) or i need to store this file on the XI server(i guess they wont let me do that).

In Both way you can do it. it all upto our desicion and the requirement and availability.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx

that means if i m transfering file from my PC to another PC,i will be using FTP instead of NFS? or can i use NFS ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are you refering the file used to transfer from source to target ?

1) If you want to transfer file data from source to target then you can use NFS mode.( If the target system ( PC ) is not XI server then you have to use FTP otherwise NFS .

Are you refering the integration scenario file ?

2) If you are refering the integration scenario you want to tranport then export it in .tpz format .

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for your reply,Yes i m concerned with the file used from source to target,as i m not doin all these scenarios at some professional level,i m in the leraning phase rt. now, so i dont have any FTP server on me,can i make my PC as the FTP server and use that for source/target?if yes ,then how will i make my PC behave like FTP server?

thanx

aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can run a free FTP server on target PC which can act as FTP server .

http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=freeFTPserver&meta=

So many free FTP servers you can install them on PC .

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Nanda

really appreciate your help.one more thing dont i need to run the FTP server for on the sender PC too?

thanx

aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If your source system is external to SAP XI server . then you need to have FTP server on Source PC also.

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the source system is my PC which is external to VPN's XI server to i guess i need FTP server on the sender side too?

thanx

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

This will help you to understand more

http://www.ftp-server-tftp-lpd-bootp.com/

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I can advise to use free Filezilla FTP server and FTP client. I don't know a lot about FTP but it turned my PC into a working FTP server in 3minutes. Very straight forward configuration.

Worked perfectly well with FTP file channels ( as well sender as receiver )

rgds

Dirk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Guess you should have no problem exporting your software component as TPZs :).

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers