cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA ALV initial view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I have created different views for my custom WDA ALV but now I want to decide from wda program which is the initial view. I suppose that can be make but I don't know the correct code.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

I assume that you think of different settings of the ALV, also known as "views". Unfortunately this term conflicts with the WD views.

You can get a list of the ALV views with the WD application WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER. There you find the config_id, config_type and config_variant ( = config_key) for the ALV views. Depending on whether you have created it only for your user (normal call) or for all users (application called in admin mode), you find it for your user name or with user name '*'.

At runtime you can set the config_key when you initialize the ALV component. The initialization is not mandatory, but if you want to set the ALV view, you have to do it. Just use the code wizard and add the additional parameter to the call.

Ciao, Regina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

Suppose a user has defined 2 or 3 view and one of them is default.

Do you have any idea how can we read the data in default ALV view ? and also

data in other ALV view when they are selected using the dropdown ?

Thanks

Aditya

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If a <b>view is</b> <b>flagged</b> as the <b>default view</b> in a window, it is not called using the

inbound plug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this flag, but if I put it, I can change the first view only to manual mode and I want that was the program to decide the layout.

Thanks

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can always fire a PLUG at wdInit of a view, so it works like a redirect.

Do your control and start the plug you wish.