cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot creat WSDL from......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to download a WSDL file throught the webservices navigator. I get the error as

<b>Cannot download WSDL from ...<URL>...Cannot connect to ...<URL>... Network is unreachable: connect</b>

When i give the URL in the internet explorer, i can see the WSDL.

Please let me know what should be done to solve this.

Regards,

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to set your browser settings -> privacy -> set it to low and try the same.

<i>When i give the URL in the internet explorer, i can see the WSDL.</i>

>>>>

In this case you can always download the wsdl by saving the browser file as a wsdl

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

At first you please locate the web service you need to use, copy and try that url in to any web browser to check its working. If you want that, you can view the source code (View->Page Source) and save it in to your PC.

Since there have another issue of proxy, you may please contact to admin to get the WSDL as your wish.

Hope this two tips may help you.

Regards

vinod v pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I'm facing the same problem with NetWeaver 7.10 SP4 and do not find the right setting.

I tried entering "hostname:port" as custom value for "NetWeaver Administrator" -> "Configuration Management" -> "Infrastructure" -> "

Java System Properties" -> "Services" -> "HTTP Provider" -> "Proxy Mappings", but this did not solve the problem, so it was most likely not what I was looking for.

Could somebody please tell me where to configure the http proxy so that it is used by applications such as the webservices navigator?

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies

i tried changing the settings in priacy to low but it dint help.

Also, i am working wid the WSDL, downloaded from the browser. Can you please tell when does WSNavigator help us. Also, why is it not working for me still?

regards,

Raghu

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i guess in your case the network would have a proxy. So in visual admistrator you need to do the proper settings to connect to the WSDL via the WS navigator link.

Note: From the WS navigator help page;

<i>Enter WSDL

Web Services Navigator is a tool that gives you a short overview for a specific Web service, based on its WSDL and allows you to create and send a client request to the real endpoint.

<b>In order to continue specify the location of the WSDL. Note the WSDL URL must be reachable from the server where this Web Services Navigator is installed. If http proxy is needed, be sure it is configured properly from the Visual Administrator.</b>

A tree with the local for the server web services is shown too. Expand it in order to get the WSDL in a specific style.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raghu,

to make the web service navigator work for external wsdls using an http proxy, you have to set up this proxy in the configuration of your NetWeaver server. Just go to the NetWeaver Administrator -> SOA Management -> Technical Configuraiton -> Global Settings and enter your proxy settings. (category names taken from NW 7.1)

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the reply. I just happened to check my old questions and found your answer.

Unfortunately, its been more than a year I had faced this problem.had managed to complete the scenario with the wsdl (from browser) though.

Now I am in a completely different geographic location and network. No chance to verify.

But the SDN had helped me figure out that there was a need for proxy setting at which our Basis was unsuccessful then.

I appreciate your gesture to let me know of the solution.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you can open the WSDL with browser just save it as .wsdl file.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

What happens when you try calling the wsdl from your browser?

cheers,

Prashanth