cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New depreciation area without APC values tranfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i created a new depreciation area but i need that these new area doesnt receive any values from another area. I mean in tcode OABC i tried to leave blank the field "Adoption of values from depreciation area" and when i save the changes it drops the following message: "depreciation area X does not adopt values".

how can i leave blank that field?

Thanks

Pedro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Javier,

you didnt understand me. I created that new area as an pure revaluation area because i wanted that no APC values are tranfered to this area. I dont have a revaluation measure and i dont need it. What I need is a new depreciation area, with no APC tranfers and create it in an existing chart of depreciation so i can do some calculations from the existing areas that i already have and post this new values to the new area but it is imperative that this new area has no values. Is that possible to created the way i wanted??

thanks

Pedro

javier_reviriego
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pedro

I do not know if this will work but you can first try to open the area with RAFABNEW and “leave values initial". Then only later do the work around you mentioned before in order not to have a reference area in OABC.

Other wise I think you will need to create your own ZRAFABNEW.

Sorry for the misunderstandings.

Javier

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dfg1988
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry some misunderstanding.

Passed into a similar situation and found two possibilities

The first would be the instruction of Note 542837 Allows you to control the message AC 528 the warning message.

Another possibility described in Note 1325061 - Areas w / o reference area for value transfer (T093A-WRTAFB)  you can make a table change (t093a) to do so directly.

best regards

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Javier,

thanks a lot for your help. I had to do a ZRAFABNEW because it has a validation that require the new area to have an APC tranfer area.

I solve my problem. If anyone has the same problem, please contact me i would like to help.

Thanks

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to create new depreciation area for revaluation. I only want system to post the value of revaluation and revaluation depreciation for this new depreciation area. but I am not sure what exact setting is to be done. I tried several but did not work.

javier_reviriego
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pedro

There is a SAP note which is in "pilot release" who can help you regarding this issue. The application of this note set the error AC528 as a warning message. I recommend you to open a ticket in the SAP service market place so SAP support can provide this note and help you further.

Regards

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Javier,

thanks for the answer. I left blank the field by creating the new depreciation area as a realtime posting area(value 1), then i changed it to no posting in general ledger (value 0). Now the problem is when i want to add the new depreciation area to the existing assets with tcode AFBN, i get the following message:

DEFINE DEPRECIATION AREA CORRECTLY

In the message details it says that i need to define a depreciation area to transfer the APC values. I debug the program RAFABNEW and i skipped the validation, but it didnt help.

The Area is define as a pure revaluation area.

Acquisition value: Only zero allowed.

Net book value: all values allowed.

I've been reading the forums and the only thing i can do is edit the RAFABNEW program so it skip that validation?

Thanks.

Pedro

javier_reviriego
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pedro

If you define an area as a pure revaluation area you are using the incorrect tool. RAFABNEW does not create revaluation areas. You have to use report RAAUFW01.

Regards

Javier