cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to Idoc mapping - create multiple Idocs from 1 JDBC input

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am importing data using JDBC and I want to put the data in an IDoc on a SAP system. my data is about 100,000 rows, but my Idoc (ZIDOC) is defined as 1-35,000 for the segments. I have followed Ossnote 814393, and also set up my Interface Mapping to use my JDBC source and the Idoc as the target. In my Message Mapping, i use the source as my JDBC Message Type, and the target is my External Definition Idoc (changed to be 1 to unbounded).

My incoming JDBC mapping is:

JDBCinput (1:1)

-row (0...Unbounded)

-part (1:1)

-unit (1:1)

-type (1:1)

my outgoing Idoc (from external definition) is:

ZIDOC (1:1)

-IDOC (1...Unbounded)

-Begin (required)

-EDI_DC40 (1:1)

-Zsegment (1...35,000)

-part (1:1)

-unit (1:1)

-type (1:1)

I currently map JDBCinput = ZIDOC and IDOC, row = Zsegment, and the rest of the rows match.

When I use this mapping, my first 35,000 rows from my JDBC input gets mapped to ZIDOC with 35,000 segments, but the remaining 65,00 rows from my JDBC input just seem to be lost, as only this one ZIDOC is created. I would expect to see 3 Idocs created, 2 with 35,000 segments each, and the 3rd Idoc created with 30,000 segments.

Does anyone know what I need to change to get this mapping to work and create the extra needed Idocs? Can this be done with out using a BPM?

Any guidance?

Thanks

Jake

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry, but that didn't end up working.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am not sure but try mapping ROW of Source to IDOC of the Target and check if this works?

Regards,

Bhavesh

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you mean by context change?

Yes, I have brought in about 400,000 rows with the JDBC with no issue, don't remember the timing, but 100K was under a minute to get them, and move through XI to SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any way, you would require a BPM here...

P.S: Is the jdbc adapter able to fetch 100,000 records at a time? What is the processing time it took?

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Just try out with context change and check if it works

In this type of case, it is easy to use Java mapping so that you can generate target structures as you like.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

moorthy