cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall MiniSAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help, I had SAP NetWeaver 04s installed but it didn't work properly, so I deleted all SAP directories and files from my harddrive and wanted to reinstall SAP NetWeaver 04s. But I cant't. There is always an errormessage that tells me that there is a SAP NSP system already installed and I need to uninstall it. I don't have any uninstall program on my harddisk. What files, directories and registry entries do I have to delete, to clean my harddisk from minisap?

Thanks for your help!

Werner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the downloads section on SDN for a tool called Registry Cleanup for NW installations, this will clean up all related registry settings. Then just remove all SAP related directories as listed above by everyone and re-install. I have done this several times now with the same OS installation (Java and ABAP).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashley,

thanks for your reply, but I can't find cleanup.exe in the download section. But can you or one of the other readers send me

cleanup.sar and sapcar.exe

by e-mail?

My email address is:

werner.temsfeld@web.de

Thanks in advance,

Werner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its in this <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads">Click here</a>

Here its under WebAs Tab...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

I downloaded Recleantools.rar unpacked it and ran sapstartsrv -u.

That was the solution. No other deleting or OS-scrapping or HD.formatting needed. I just used this tool and I could reinstall NW04s after the first installation failed.

Best regards

Werner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

I am also having the same problem.

I have downloaded severaal time the regcleantools.rar file but could not extract the it, due to problem with doanloaded file.

Can you please email me the the rar file which you downloaded, my email address

list@akhtars.net

Regards

Suhail

0 Kudos

Hi Werner:

I also want this recleantools.rar, since the tools I downloaded from the forum can not work , would you mind send me a copy?

My Email : flywing1984@gmail.com

Great thx!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

andrei_tsybulski
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I have the same problem. Could you please give me a link where I can download this file or maybe someone can send it to my e-mail (andrei_tsibulsk@tut.by). I will be very gratefull for your help.

Thanks in advance,

Andrei.

Message was edited by:

Andrei Tsybulski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Werner

You have been removed the directory of SAP installation, instead to delete the instances.

Your files had been removed from the HD but did not remove from the registry.

I had also experienced but didn't success to continue the installation without formatting.

I will prefer to you re-format and install OS again to continue the MiniSAP Instalaltion.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waseem,

I deleted all files and directories concerning sap and maxdb, then I searched all of the registry to find and delete any entries concerning sap, sapdb, maxdb. It didn't help. There must be more entries that have to be deleted. Maybe someone knows. I'm not lucky with formatting my HD and re-installing all my stuff. If nothing else helps, I'll have to do so, but at the moment I refuse.

Thanks and best regards

Werner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Werner

also try to delete the C:\WINDOWS\system32\SAPinst

There are lot of SAP related files under the \winnt, ..\system32 directory, have you been removed ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

Pls try doing all what Anwer said, it should work. IF not try doing a system restore from the OS level. Even if that s not working out. Then i would say before formating, one last step is to put the previous registry before you tried SAP installations.

For that Boot thro the XP orginal cd, get into the Recovery console mode. Then get into this prompt <b>C:\>system1\_resto1</b>

Now type Dir, you see lot RP's like RP1, RP2... see the dates next to the directories. Get into one of RP's, say RP10 for Eg.

Now type <b>cd snapshot</b>

here you type

<b>copy registrymachine_software c:\windows\system32\config\software</b>

and then

<b>copy registrymachine_system c:\windows\system32\config\system

</b>

this would replace the entrys.

After this restart you computer and remove the Xp cd, try the installation once again.

All the best, let me know if this works.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

Have a look in Registry and their will be some folder named SAP. you should have to delete is also from there.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

what OS u have, if you dont have any important stuffs in your hard disk. My suggestion is to go for a clean installation. Just scrap the OS, reinstall it. Start a fresh installation NW04s.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

are you joking?

I have Windows XP Prof SP2 and I'm sure that there is a more decent way to reinstall NW04s than formatting my HD.

Regards

Werner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

I am not sure whether XP with sp2 is the right OS, cause personally i havent tried doing in XP. Someone who has done in it can help you better. Normally for uninstallations, re run the installation process, remove the components that are not needed. You can uninstall an SAP system or an SAP component with the SAPinst service Uninstall -

System / Standalone Engines / Optional Standalone Unit.

Check the note 919105, Hope you've the installation guide of NW04s or pls download it from www.service.sap.com/swdc

Regards

Venkatesh